
Kwyjibo
Jul 10, 06:07 PM
Originally posted by Daveman Deluxe
I had trouble upgrading the RAM on my iBook the first time I tried too. Those screws are REALLY sensitive to the size of the screwdriver you're using. It HAS to be a #0 Phillips-type screwdriver, or it just plain won't work.
i did it with another screwdriver and pretty much stripped the screwsbut i eventualyl got them off and back in
I had trouble upgrading the RAM on my iBook the first time I tried too. Those screws are REALLY sensitive to the size of the screwdriver you're using. It HAS to be a #0 Phillips-type screwdriver, or it just plain won't work.
i did it with another screwdriver and pretty much stripped the screwsbut i eventualyl got them off and back in

hdsalinas
Sep 28, 05:01 PM
I'm getting a little anxious for iWork '07. Hopefully we'll finally get a spreadsheet program.
Yes and how about a name for it: "iCheat"
Yes and how about a name for it: "iCheat"
GGJstudios
Feb 22, 12:15 AM
Is it 250 or 500? I'm close to 250...
http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Marketplace_Rules
http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Marketplace_Rules
simsaladimbamba
Apr 26, 09:41 AM
Hi,
Has anyone been able to force an apple store to guarantee a Lion O/S upgrade for free with the purchase of a Macbook pro now?
Just curious.
Thanks!
With this (http://www.mil.ee/im/varustus/relvapilt/fh70-vm6.jpg) perhaps?
Has anyone been able to force an apple store to guarantee a Lion O/S upgrade for free with the purchase of a Macbook pro now?
Just curious.
Thanks!
With this (http://www.mil.ee/im/varustus/relvapilt/fh70-vm6.jpg) perhaps?
more...
jknight8907
Dec 26, 09:15 PM
Heat in my house, and warm clothes for work.

alust2013
Apr 24, 12:58 AM
I knew someone would suggest that... LOL! In user accounts under my name the only thing I see is ituneshelper and some speech thing. But, would ituneshelper prevent my IMac from sleeping, I wonder?
Regards,
Peter
I'm not sure. I have the same issue with my MacBook most of the time, it just won't fully sleep by itself, only the display sleeps. I have never been able to get to the root of it, although I think iTunesHelper may have had something to do with it. I got rid of it, since the only thing it does is open iTunes when an iDevice is connected.
Regards,
Peter
I'm not sure. I have the same issue with my MacBook most of the time, it just won't fully sleep by itself, only the display sleeps. I have never been able to get to the root of it, although I think iTunesHelper may have had something to do with it. I got rid of it, since the only thing it does is open iTunes when an iDevice is connected.
more...

marshallbedsaul
Apr 6, 09:53 AM
um
ok if you have AC your dabbling Fraud much???
If your mac is burning make a app apt with no apple care may cost you.
You may get flat rate option.
If nothing is wrong with it and your just sour sell it and buy a new one...
ok if you have AC your dabbling Fraud much???
If your mac is burning make a app apt with no apple care may cost you.
You may get flat rate option.
If nothing is wrong with it and your just sour sell it and buy a new one...
italeki
Apr 29, 09:00 AM
But it will still be on Edge, right?
more...
emw
Jan 7, 10:07 AM
In general, FileVault is useless, IMHO. You are better off using Disk Utility to create a password protected Disk Image and storing personal information there.
As for optimizing - I don't know if you can force it to optimize, but it should ask you again if you logout/shutdown.
As for optimizing - I don't know if you can force it to optimize, but it should ask you again if you logout/shutdown.
elVince
May 6, 11:25 PM
I had the same heating issues while playing WoW on my 15" Late-2009 MBP. I began looking at coolers and decided on the Rain Design mStand. While not an active cooler, it does lift the notebook off the desk surface, providing better air circulation. The aluminum design also helps dissipate heat. As an added bonus, it looks great too.
www.raindesigninc.com
:apple:
Meh, i dont want to have to deal with an external keyboard
I suggest the NZXT cooler.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834997340
The reviews on that seem to be mixed between it actually cooling things down and the usb ports working?
www.raindesigninc.com
:apple:
Meh, i dont want to have to deal with an external keyboard
I suggest the NZXT cooler.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834997340
The reviews on that seem to be mixed between it actually cooling things down and the usb ports working?
more...
robbieduncan
Dec 15, 04:23 PM
Are we talking Aluminium or Titanium here?
ForumApple
Oct 17, 01:33 AM
Cool! thanks man! I'll try it now!
hope that works!
Actually I just got it second hand! too bad the previous user didn't fix it up!
P.S.
My local dealer is going to charge me about 55USD for fixing this problem. I can't believe users like us are PAYING the fix for a KNOWN issue. I hope the firmware works! Thanks a lot!!!
hope that works!
Actually I just got it second hand! too bad the previous user didn't fix it up!
P.S.
My local dealer is going to charge me about 55USD for fixing this problem. I can't believe users like us are PAYING the fix for a KNOWN issue. I hope the firmware works! Thanks a lot!!!
more...

acedickson
May 5, 01:22 AM
I bought the be.ez LA robe sleeve (http://www.amazon.com/100572-Sleeve-13-3-Inch-Macbooks-Wasabi/dp/B0015R819O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304576401&sr=8-1) as well as the Vyper XS3. I kept the be.ez sleeve because of the price point vs. the extra protection provided by the Vyper XS3, although I really liked it too. The be.ez sleeve is sturdy enough, surprisingly, but wouldn't protect as well as the Vyper XS3 in a major drop.
Dreadnought
Mar 5, 02:14 PM
You probably have an old config file which it uses. When you type work in terminal, what do you get?
more...
drwatz0n
Jan 14, 08:25 PM
I've been into these keynotes and rumors since the September 2006 iPod announcements. This MacWorld has me more hyped that Christmas this year.
Danzsupreme
Sep 20, 03:52 PM
I know there is some software that lets u bypass the firewire requiremtn.
I got one a while back that iddnt work, where can i get some software that will allow me to use it. I need the tried and true. I hate getting my hopes up and downloading stuff just to get it not to work :confused:
I got one a while back that iddnt work, where can i get some software that will allow me to use it. I need the tried and true. I hate getting my hopes up and downloading stuff just to get it not to work :confused:
more...

jpod999
Apr 9, 12:15 PM
It gets better everytime I watch that trailer. I don't want to even wait!

nightfly13
May 4, 09:51 PM
"Childs play. Supports 2 30" displays easily."
And by easily, you mean with $200 in Apple adapters :)
You can buy the dual-link DVI mini-Display Port adapter for around $65 on Monoprice.com - generic but working. Painful, in any event, but I'll be buying one.
And by easily, you mean with $200 in Apple adapters :)
You can buy the dual-link DVI mini-Display Port adapter for around $65 on Monoprice.com - generic but working. Painful, in any event, but I'll be buying one.

farmerdoug
Mar 29, 12:34 PM
if I run system("ls > tmp.tmp") I don't have any problem. I am getting an output to the terminal instead of writing to the file.
Potatochobit
Apr 28, 01:30 AM
OWC and OCZ are very very similar in regards to build and firmware
I am using an agility 2 in my 2008 macbook pro which I am typing on right now
I also upgraded to 8GB of memory
you can buy crucial, corsair, OCZ or OWC, any are fine
I use an OCZ in my PC as well
Whatever you do, make sure you update the firmware ASAP, before even installing into your mac
if you have a PC, that makes it super easy, just plug it in and update
if you don't, be sure to visit the SSD manufacturers website for the one you plan to buy, many of them require you to burn a disc and boot from the DVD drive (basically you running linux off a CD) and update it that way in your mac
I am using an agility 2 in my 2008 macbook pro which I am typing on right now
I also upgraded to 8GB of memory
you can buy crucial, corsair, OCZ or OWC, any are fine
I use an OCZ in my PC as well
Whatever you do, make sure you update the firmware ASAP, before even installing into your mac
if you have a PC, that makes it super easy, just plug it in and update
if you don't, be sure to visit the SSD manufacturers website for the one you plan to buy, many of them require you to burn a disc and boot from the DVD drive (basically you running linux off a CD) and update it that way in your mac
Smoothness
May 4, 11:50 PM
I have a booq Vyper xs3 sleeve for my 13" MBP. I'd recommend it to anybody. Great protection and not bulky at all.
may look into this, i got a regular sleeve. just for scratch protection.
may look into this, i got a regular sleeve. just for scratch protection.
Nipsy
Sep 17, 07:56 PM
Well, let's wait until somone receives one and tells us exactly what chip it is.
If it a new G4, then it may better address DDR RAM. That, and the larger L2 cache, would be worth $500 to me.
However, whether you'll utilize the power is dependent on what you do. Try going to an Apple store, and using their machines with the processor monitor open. Run what you would normally run each day.
If you don't peg out both processors, then you don't need more machine. I always have 20 apps and 25 binaries running on top of the OS, so my processor is usually pegged at all times. I have a full load of RAM, and still get pageouts.
For users who are doing office type work (web, mail, Office, etc.) the Dual 867 should be more than enough. For those working with audio, Photoshop, compilers, or running 24/7 services, the Dual Gig should be fine. If you want to do some rendering, run A LOT of services, are a video junkie, or just need to be the fastest, get the Dual 1.25.
But don't buy anything until we hear some more about what's in the 1.25...
If it a new G4, then it may better address DDR RAM. That, and the larger L2 cache, would be worth $500 to me.
However, whether you'll utilize the power is dependent on what you do. Try going to an Apple store, and using their machines with the processor monitor open. Run what you would normally run each day.
If you don't peg out both processors, then you don't need more machine. I always have 20 apps and 25 binaries running on top of the OS, so my processor is usually pegged at all times. I have a full load of RAM, and still get pageouts.
For users who are doing office type work (web, mail, Office, etc.) the Dual 867 should be more than enough. For those working with audio, Photoshop, compilers, or running 24/7 services, the Dual Gig should be fine. If you want to do some rendering, run A LOT of services, are a video junkie, or just need to be the fastest, get the Dual 1.25.
But don't buy anything until we hear some more about what's in the 1.25...
rx7dude
Apr 25, 11:35 AM
Cool.
Any comments about the battery life?
Hard for me to say. I've only charged it twice since xmas. I only have 2GB card (22 mins at 720P 60hz). The battery is more than enough to fill that up a few times.
The anti shake feature works really well and is probably the main reason the footage is better than the Iphone 4.
Any comments about the battery life?
Hard for me to say. I've only charged it twice since xmas. I only have 2GB card (22 mins at 720P 60hz). The battery is more than enough to fill that up a few times.
The anti shake feature works really well and is probably the main reason the footage is better than the Iphone 4.
LoganT
Feb 21, 11:26 PM
It's here http://forums.macrumors.com/forumdisplay.php?f=132