E.Lizardo
Mar 24, 07:32 AM
+2
Seems a bit hypocritical of Buddhist Steve Jobs to be embracing peace on one hand while providing support for the brutal "shock and awe" merchants on the other.
Steve doesn't own the company,the stock holders do.
Those"shock and awe merchants"are people who volunteered to risk their lives to defend their country.
Seems a bit hypocritical of Buddhist Steve Jobs to be embracing peace on one hand while providing support for the brutal "shock and awe" merchants on the other.
Steve doesn't own the company,the stock holders do.
Those"shock and awe merchants"are people who volunteered to risk their lives to defend their country.
mozumder
Mar 28, 08:48 AM
wishlist:
iOS 5.0: totally new look, no more icon based.
This is really needed.
The app-centric model is really confusing. Who wants to go through 250,000 apps to figure out how to perform a task? Apple really need to move to a data-centric model.
The Windows phone 7 Metro UI is much better looking than iOS, cleaner, more fashionable. iOS is downright ugly compared to it.
iOS 5.0: totally new look, no more icon based.
This is really needed.
The app-centric model is really confusing. Who wants to go through 250,000 apps to figure out how to perform a task? Apple really need to move to a data-centric model.
The Windows phone 7 Metro UI is much better looking than iOS, cleaner, more fashionable. iOS is downright ugly compared to it.
realtime
Sep 1, 06:02 AM
Apple did the same thing with the DTK hardware... they released a "Software Update" version, with a letter revision to the same build #'s, and it was to enforce security and/or entrap those running the 10.4 Intel build on non-Apple P4 hardware. Get it? Apple Software Update connects to Apple servers, so they know exactly to whom/what/where their "update" is being sent and installed.... then they cross-reference those IP's against logs of ADC member logins (and this is only necessary when assuming the user submitted false info during the Leopard registration, instead of their real name/address). IP match? Boom! Gotcha.
Maybe they just want to see how many of those IP's belong to Microsoft's net. :rolleyes:
Maybe they just want to see how many of those IP's belong to Microsoft's net. :rolleyes:
p0intblank
Oct 26, 02:47 PM
Cool, more software is a good thing. No support for PowerPC users is just unfair, though. :( Oh well, I have no interest in it anyway. Now if it was Photoshop CS3... then I'd be pissed! :p
more...
deannnnn
Aug 19, 11:58 AM
Update from Facebook:
http://imgur.com/woD2N.png
http://imgur.com/woD2N.png
orangecrushv
Mar 26, 09:21 AM
I plan on returning a 32 GB Black WiFi to West Plano Super Target later today unless someone wants it...
more...
dsnort
Aug 31, 07:40 PM
I strongly disagree that these ads are elitist, or even snobbery. The point of the ads is that mac is different. HP can use demonstrations to show how, in a perfect world, their computers can do good stuff with windows. Apple has a different need. Apple does not build commodity computers. Apple is an ALTERNATIVE SYSTEM must differentiate itself compared to everything else out there. The need is to show that there IS a difference, and that Apple represents a very different way of working with computers.
As a recent switcher I can tell you the ads were very effective at delineating my concerns with Windows, and showing me that Mac might be the answer. ( Which, by the way, it was!)
EDIT: Nuts, I got censored
EDIT 2: Check that, they removed the post I responded too. It's a shame, I cleaned his clock! LOL
As a recent switcher I can tell you the ads were very effective at delineating my concerns with Windows, and showing me that Mac might be the answer. ( Which, by the way, it was!)
EDIT: Nuts, I got censored
EDIT 2: Check that, they removed the post I responded too. It's a shame, I cleaned his clock! LOL
rdowns
Apr 7, 04:26 PM
The whole thing is pathetic. From the Democrats inability to pass a 2010 budget, to the Republican obstruction and the Tea Party wackos who have co-opted the party who don't understand the concept of compromise. History will be very unkind to late 20th -early 21st century America.
more...
dmula
Apr 1, 10:24 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)
TWC is the worst service I ever subscribed... EVER. When changing channels I constantly see 'Please wait...' on the black screen and the whole thing is so slow.
App for a change works great.
TWC is the worst service I ever subscribed... EVER. When changing channels I constantly see 'Please wait...' on the black screen and the whole thing is so slow.
App for a change works great.
jalagl
Nov 14, 09:31 AM
Well, the only airline I remember which had seat-back displays for all passengers was WestJet. I just flew United and the smaller planes didn't even have an in-house audio system, let alone video.
But this is a great idea.
...
Most airlines that fly trans-atlantic and pacific have individual displays for everybody. In coach, most of them play the same movies and series over and over, but in business/first, most of the time you can choose what to watch, and even pause/stop the movies.
But this is a great idea.
...
Most airlines that fly trans-atlantic and pacific have individual displays for everybody. In coach, most of them play the same movies and series over and over, but in business/first, most of the time you can choose what to watch, and even pause/stop the movies.
more...
alukado
Mar 1, 09:26 PM
I should probably pre-order it. At least I can get Blue or Black at launch, instead of having to wait. :)
3DS still worth a shot , Nintendo never let me down . :cool:
3DS still worth a shot , Nintendo never let me down . :cool:
tpavur
Apr 24, 09:07 PM
Where is the best place to sell a 64GB iPad 2 non-3G? I tried eBay and twice now someone did buy it now and couldn't pay right away... It's very very lightly used all I'm trying to do is get what I paid for it, any recommendations would be a huge help... I tried Mac forums as well, is there a new site everyone's using nowadays?
more...
63dot
Mar 14, 01:28 PM
That article contains some errors. Shipping rates, for instance, are about the same as they were in 2008 and similar to 2002 so that is a red herring.
I would also question you as to why you think that China is an enemy? They appear to be more like a partner in a symbiotic relationship. You need each other.
Good points.
I think even though China is a legitimate partner, they are also a competitor and right now they seem to be doing better than the USA. Judging from their increased output, and also with quality going up on many items, if the public buys Chinese goods and keep on coming back, they deserve the business.
I don't see China as a military enemy like the other poster here does. China has far too much invested in the USA both in real estate/stocks, and in customers in the west to be stupid enough to pick a fight with us. Heck, China is slowly owning us so there's no fear of any military surprises there.
If anything, if the real cold war was about capitalism vs. communism, we are the winners since our capitalistic way of life has more than rubbed off on China and they stopped their isolationism and have to trade with the non-communist countries in order to survive. They have made their entire economy dependent on us as customers. The only pure communist country I can think of these days is North Korea and they are hanging on by a thread. So the conversion of China into what is in every way a capitalist nation is a trade I am willing to make if the cost is losing business here in the USA. I would hate to think if they were still run by Mao and viewed us as a military enemy. Also imagine what it would be like if they were dedicated communists like North Korea.
I would also question you as to why you think that China is an enemy? They appear to be more like a partner in a symbiotic relationship. You need each other.
Good points.
I think even though China is a legitimate partner, they are also a competitor and right now they seem to be doing better than the USA. Judging from their increased output, and also with quality going up on many items, if the public buys Chinese goods and keep on coming back, they deserve the business.
I don't see China as a military enemy like the other poster here does. China has far too much invested in the USA both in real estate/stocks, and in customers in the west to be stupid enough to pick a fight with us. Heck, China is slowly owning us so there's no fear of any military surprises there.
If anything, if the real cold war was about capitalism vs. communism, we are the winners since our capitalistic way of life has more than rubbed off on China and they stopped their isolationism and have to trade with the non-communist countries in order to survive. They have made their entire economy dependent on us as customers. The only pure communist country I can think of these days is North Korea and they are hanging on by a thread. So the conversion of China into what is in every way a capitalist nation is a trade I am willing to make if the cost is losing business here in the USA. I would hate to think if they were still run by Mao and viewed us as a military enemy. Also imagine what it would be like if they were dedicated communists like North Korea.
cwsm
Oct 30, 06:45 AM
So 2011 will be like 1984
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYecfV3ubP8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYecfV3ubP8
more...
stainlessliquid
Oct 9, 04:43 PM
This is stupid. Neither walmart or target are going to stop selling DVD's just like they havent stopped selling cd's. The absolute crap quality of the movies and the horrible lagging movie player that iTunes offers is completely irrelevant to DVD sales. Even bittorrent movies are better. iTunes movie downloads are not a threat to DVD's by any stretch of the imagination since the execution of the movies and movie player was so poor.
Its a baseless threat that they have no intention of following through with because theyd lose far more money than sales lost to iTunes.
Its a baseless threat that they have no intention of following through with because theyd lose far more money than sales lost to iTunes.
mox358
Jan 6, 09:36 PM
Add me to the list of those getting the push notifications but no sound. Any solutions?
more...
Knox
Jan 15, 03:33 AM
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=4753939 for IRC info :)
lostngone
Apr 14, 06:36 PM
You sir, are an epic winner for that comment!
I like the mop behind him. Is he the janitor of the data center?
I like the mop behind him. Is he the janitor of the data center?
Icaras
Mar 17, 03:38 PM
I'm a huge Nintendo fan but I'll be skipping out on the launch of the 3DS.
As mentioned on this thread, I do agree the launch titles suck.
Next gen pricing also sucks. I'm not going to dish out $250 for a handheld system, sorry. Same thing with software pricing.
I'm sure the 3D effect is awesome, but for some games, like SFIV and Rayman, I'd rather have these on my iPhone for the price of 0.99 to 4.99, despite weaker graphics and lack of 3D. An increase of 800 to 4000% pricing is just ridiculous to me. Plus, i'd rather have games digitally than worry about carrying, storing, (and possibly losing) game cards.
As mentioned on this thread, I do agree the launch titles suck.
Next gen pricing also sucks. I'm not going to dish out $250 for a handheld system, sorry. Same thing with software pricing.
I'm sure the 3D effect is awesome, but for some games, like SFIV and Rayman, I'd rather have these on my iPhone for the price of 0.99 to 4.99, despite weaker graphics and lack of 3D. An increase of 800 to 4000% pricing is just ridiculous to me. Plus, i'd rather have games digitally than worry about carrying, storing, (and possibly losing) game cards.
mi5moav
Sep 25, 10:20 AM
They are just trying to please the shareholders, without capsizing the boat. I highly doubt we will ever see such an inovative product such as the ipod from Apple again(hardware) It still shocks me that they came out with an MP3 player 5 years ago. One product. There have been a plethora of great products out since not including DAP/MP3 and Apple hasn't had there name on one. I needed a stinking Camera!!!!!!! Though it looks like the MacBooks not Pros are getting a little bump.
wpotere
Apr 12, 01:06 PM
WTF? Why does the MS Office updater force me to quit chrome ????
Probably a shared library or plugin that is being updated.
Probably a shared library or plugin that is being updated.
powerofmac
Aug 19, 10:16 AM
I dont know what kind of CRAZY KILLER friends you all have on facebook. I only have relatives and close friends I see and talk to on a normal occasion.
IF YOU DONT REALLY KNOW SOMEONE DONT ADD THEM AS A FRIEND DUH.
and only share the info you want with the people you want.. its not that hard really.
IF YOU DONT REALLY KNOW SOMEONE DONT ADD THEM AS A FRIEND DUH.
and only share the info you want with the people you want.. its not that hard really.
gopher
Sep 20, 12:57 PM
Have you noticed how the dual 1 Ghz isn't even on the radar of that page? They've constantly underrated Apple's speed, and now while they rate one that probably is close to correct, they ignore the others. That page has always been one for inconsistancies.
dernhelm
Apr 5, 11:30 AM
What about leak gate? Didn't they test light leakage in a completely dark room with a photosensor?
OMG - CR is so lame...
:rolleyes:
yes - this is sarcasm
OMG - CR is so lame...
:rolleyes:
yes - this is sarcasm