takao
Mar 16, 09:12 AM
Anyone who says there aren't any, doesn't know what they're talking about... especially in the large-truck division, American technology still rules supreme.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_truck_manufacturers
ranking of world wide 16+ ton vehicles sales in 2007
1. Isuzu
2. Daimler AG
3. Volvo Group
4. Toyota Group
5. Hyundai Group
6. Tata Group
7. Fiat Group
8. PACCAR
9. Volkswagen Group
10. Ford
11. MAN
12. Navistar International
13. General Motors
14. GAZ
you migth have missed it when Volvo and Daimler went on their buying frenzy
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_truck_manufacturers
ranking of world wide 16+ ton vehicles sales in 2007
1. Isuzu
2. Daimler AG
3. Volvo Group
4. Toyota Group
5. Hyundai Group
6. Tata Group
7. Fiat Group
8. PACCAR
9. Volkswagen Group
10. Ford
11. MAN
12. Navistar International
13. General Motors
14. GAZ
you migth have missed it when Volvo and Daimler went on their buying frenzy
Gem�tlichkeit
Jan 4, 10:45 AM
I can't trust the cellphone networks to stream the data to me. Much rather have the maps on the phone.
DPinTX
Mar 11, 01:52 PM
Can you ask if they have instructions from AT&T for moving grandfathered unlimited plans to the iPad2?:)
I asked for you was told that it's linked to your login ID not the device. So you would just go to configuration / cellular Data and login
Thanks
DP
I asked for you was told that it's linked to your login ID not the device. So you would just go to configuration / cellular Data and login
Thanks
DP
Apple Corps
Feb 26, 02:14 PM
You are unwise to choose a side in a fight where neither parties give a rat's ass about you. It's not liberalism or conservatism that has failed to do anything. It's both. Our government is at a standstill.
But I know they need their vacation time. And of course, they need their pensions even if they only serve one term. It's a lot of hard work accomplishing nothing and we owe them so much.
Very well said - the absurd pension benefits they get for so little time is a glaring example of the abuse of power that our elected parasites exhibit.
But I know they need their vacation time. And of course, they need their pensions even if they only serve one term. It's a lot of hard work accomplishing nothing and we owe them so much.
Very well said - the absurd pension benefits they get for so little time is a glaring example of the abuse of power that our elected parasites exhibit.
more...
twoodcc
May 3, 08:43 PM
I just joined anonymously, but I used the MacRumors team number.
thanks for joining our team! any reason you didn't want to choose your own username?
thanks for joining our team! any reason you didn't want to choose your own username?
coder12
Apr 6, 11:11 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)
Really cant wait when the iPad will have serious processing power :).
It already has some serious processing power ;) It has the quad core i9 processor by schmintel with the new amd gfx99999 graphics chip for unquantative speeds that break the light barrier!
Oh no wait, that would be the atomic bomb... ;)
Really cant wait when the iPad will have serious processing power :).
It already has some serious processing power ;) It has the quad core i9 processor by schmintel with the new amd gfx99999 graphics chip for unquantative speeds that break the light barrier!
Oh no wait, that would be the atomic bomb... ;)
more...
KnightWRX
May 1, 09:18 AM
Phht...what a cop out dude. Now you're gonna booey unix based on specific software, designed for unix, among specific personal networks of colleagues. You can tell your "real story" to IDC and hope they change their market research methods! :rolleyes:
IDC talks about revenues and number of boxes. I'm talking about actual environnements. ;)
One day, when you work in IT, you'll understand what the real workhorse of the industry is.
IDC talks about revenues and number of boxes. I'm talking about actual environnements. ;)
One day, when you work in IT, you'll understand what the real workhorse of the industry is.
stridemat
May 2, 01:22 PM
It's just that black is slimming. ;)
wait till you see the new horizontal stripe iPhone.
wait till you see the new horizontal stripe iPhone.
more...

aiongiant
Sep 20, 07:55 PM
Now that SATA is working in XP, has anyone tried Vista RC1?
i got vista going.. problem is the vid card isn't working properly
althought i have yet to try the new firmware update
i got vista going.. problem is the vid card isn't working properly
althought i have yet to try the new firmware update
iJohnHenry
May 2, 08:17 PM
Unless the microgenetics machines are small, well, there are several stages in DNA transcription and reverse transcriptase, which would make several conditions unsuitable. Heat destroys it. It can be awfully slow. There are at least 6 stages using different equipment.
The guy is dead, and not smelling like roses at the moment, so take your samples and dump the carrion.
The guy is dead, and not smelling like roses at the moment, so take your samples and dump the carrion.
more...
tarkeybear
Oct 9, 06:15 PM
I am a major Apple fan-boy but I haven't bought movies from iTunes for a couple reasons.
1) I like the special features on DVDs, and I doubt apple is offering alternate soundtracks, subtitles, director's comments, etc. with the Apple movie offerings.
2) My daughters like taking a DVD with them to their grandparents house. Unless we centralize Apple downloaded movies at my house and equip my kids with video iPods, the Apple movie sale solution is not a very portable option.
Don't get me wrong, one day I'll probably buy a movie from Apple, but at this time, I'll pay a $5-$10 premium for portability.
I do buy TV shows from iTunes, but I don't expect extra features with TV shows.
As other posters have have suggested, even if "Johnny Lunch-Pail" isn't interested in the benefits in physical media I list above, he probably won't have the bandwidth to download the movies at any reasonable speed. How much time does it take to save $5?
"Instant gratification" of iTunes movies is going to be painfully slow on most peeps DSL.
I'm surprised the folks at Target and Walmart haven't figured this out. Maybe the execs making all the fuss assume that their shoppers have the same high-end systems that they have?
I would assume any impact to DVD sales will be incremental, and T&W should be able to adjust their business model to this, adjusting retail space accordingly.
1) I like the special features on DVDs, and I doubt apple is offering alternate soundtracks, subtitles, director's comments, etc. with the Apple movie offerings.
2) My daughters like taking a DVD with them to their grandparents house. Unless we centralize Apple downloaded movies at my house and equip my kids with video iPods, the Apple movie sale solution is not a very portable option.
Don't get me wrong, one day I'll probably buy a movie from Apple, but at this time, I'll pay a $5-$10 premium for portability.
I do buy TV shows from iTunes, but I don't expect extra features with TV shows.
As other posters have have suggested, even if "Johnny Lunch-Pail" isn't interested in the benefits in physical media I list above, he probably won't have the bandwidth to download the movies at any reasonable speed. How much time does it take to save $5?
"Instant gratification" of iTunes movies is going to be painfully slow on most peeps DSL.
I'm surprised the folks at Target and Walmart haven't figured this out. Maybe the execs making all the fuss assume that their shoppers have the same high-end systems that they have?
I would assume any impact to DVD sales will be incremental, and T&W should be able to adjust their business model to this, adjusting retail space accordingly.
ColoJohnBoy
Sep 22, 07:08 PM
Not to be another bitchy Apple addict, but it's iMac. A single capital letter. Aesthetics are important not only in the computer but the name. :)
more...
efoto
Sep 17, 10:42 AM
I hate to say it efoto, but the situation sounds dire.
As a woman who has worked retail, I am sure she remembers you as well... and... if she had been interested, I think she would have found an excuse to 'help' you out. :(
:edit: and yes, I read through the whole post. :p
Fine fine, I could see that (but I refuse to believe it :D ). Can you offer any insight as to why she would have made contact outside of her paid-to-make-contact environment (I took this to mean at least slight interest) and then the next chance she seems to skirt off? It is almost like we hooked up at a party, she said all the right things, then in the morning woke up and saw what I looked like....never to return :p. I will make the wild assumption she wasn't drunk, and therefore the above statement has some holes in it....can you fill any?
As a woman who has worked retail, I am sure she remembers you as well... and... if she had been interested, I think she would have found an excuse to 'help' you out. :(
:edit: and yes, I read through the whole post. :p
Fine fine, I could see that (but I refuse to believe it :D ). Can you offer any insight as to why she would have made contact outside of her paid-to-make-contact environment (I took this to mean at least slight interest) and then the next chance she seems to skirt off? It is almost like we hooked up at a party, she said all the right things, then in the morning woke up and saw what I looked like....never to return :p. I will make the wild assumption she wasn't drunk, and therefore the above statement has some holes in it....can you fill any?
ECUpirate44
Mar 28, 08:41 AM
iPhone 5 :D
more...
maflynn
Apr 5, 06:25 AM
Can we please make a sticky about this? It seems like this question is asked at least 3 times a month.
Except that it won't cut down on the posts, they have that information in the FAQ and yet it doesn't help
Except that it won't cut down on the posts, they have that information in the FAQ and yet it doesn't help
2000m
Nov 5, 06:38 PM
at&t will know what your doing at all times:eek:
more...
firestarter
May 3, 01:36 PM
We're losing as long as we are spending ourselves into oblivion to fight this threat.
I agree, but that's self inflicted and doesn't have to happen.
I agree, but that's self inflicted and doesn't have to happen.
Hallivand
Apr 19, 09:43 AM
Sometimes knowing about iOS in advance ruins the fun at WWDC....

elusion
May 4, 07:55 AM
I am a very new mac user, having just switched in February with the purchase of my iBook. I'm 17 and have been using computers since I was like 6. I remember DOS, Apple IIes, Windows 3.1/95/98/ME/NT, Mac 8. I also spent a year using linux (Mandrake, Redhat, Debian) before going to a mac. I hate PCs.
You ask about hardware. That's not why I switched, though it was a nice bonus. I switched because of OS X.
I always use to be a Windows guy, from a Windows family. My brother's a MCSE. The previous experience I had with Apple was horrible. We had Apple's in our school computer lab, and they were crap. Nothing worked. Now I know that they weren't multitasking. I hated them with a passion and said I'd never use one.
Oh how things have changed. PCs have become the pieces of crap. Windows may be getting better with XP, but it's a different experience. Everything is just better with a Mac. Things just work, right away. I haven't used XP much, but I can tell you it doesn't work like this does.
Windows' interface sucks. Really it does. I'm sure you think the interface in MacOS X is horrible. It's not, it's different. And, it's better. It's easier just use, just because of the interface.
Windows' filesystem sucks. Unix machines have a much better filesystem -- none of the drive crap.
Windows software sucks. There is much less software for OS X than there is for XP. No one can deny that. Fortunately, the software for OS X is usually of a very high quality. It's very well designed and stable.
Windows' interoperability sucks. Windows runs on a huge variety of hardware, but that's noticible from the software. OS X just detects and sets up -- no wizards.
Really I don't expect you to believe this or anything. Maybe you will if you try using one. Things are going to be different for you because you use computers primarily for gaming. Maybe someday you'll end up switching to Linux because you don't like Windows. If you do, I almost guarentee you'll switch to Mac, because Linux's a pain to set up.
Oh, and getting away from Microsoft was good too. They are evil. Apple has potential to start a monopoly and become evil, but that's besides the point. Microsoft is doing things that are bad for the consumer. Wait and see.
You ask about hardware. That's not why I switched, though it was a nice bonus. I switched because of OS X.
I always use to be a Windows guy, from a Windows family. My brother's a MCSE. The previous experience I had with Apple was horrible. We had Apple's in our school computer lab, and they were crap. Nothing worked. Now I know that they weren't multitasking. I hated them with a passion and said I'd never use one.
Oh how things have changed. PCs have become the pieces of crap. Windows may be getting better with XP, but it's a different experience. Everything is just better with a Mac. Things just work, right away. I haven't used XP much, but I can tell you it doesn't work like this does.
Windows' interface sucks. Really it does. I'm sure you think the interface in MacOS X is horrible. It's not, it's different. And, it's better. It's easier just use, just because of the interface.
Windows' filesystem sucks. Unix machines have a much better filesystem -- none of the drive crap.
Windows software sucks. There is much less software for OS X than there is for XP. No one can deny that. Fortunately, the software for OS X is usually of a very high quality. It's very well designed and stable.
Windows' interoperability sucks. Windows runs on a huge variety of hardware, but that's noticible from the software. OS X just detects and sets up -- no wizards.
Really I don't expect you to believe this or anything. Maybe you will if you try using one. Things are going to be different for you because you use computers primarily for gaming. Maybe someday you'll end up switching to Linux because you don't like Windows. If you do, I almost guarentee you'll switch to Mac, because Linux's a pain to set up.
Oh, and getting away from Microsoft was good too. They are evil. Apple has potential to start a monopoly and become evil, but that's besides the point. Microsoft is doing things that are bad for the consumer. Wait and see.
adamfilip
Sep 25, 09:57 AM
More then you think!
drlunanerd
Sep 27, 10:29 AM
It will be released this week to tie in with the Aperture 1.5 update, which I believe requires 10.4.8 (if only for updated RAW support).
sysiphus
Mar 17, 06:38 PM
Yikes, someone better get rid of those crazy Republicans before they can kowtow to big business any more....oh wait...
MacIllini
Nov 2, 03:02 PM
definitely a lot of switchers in my book. I know at least 5 friends who have switched in the past year, and 3 more (including myself) who will be switching by the end of the year :p
X2468
Mar 24, 08:02 PM
iphone + mba 11 > ipad/2
iPhone 4 + MBA 11 + iPad 2, works for me, but I'm addicted :)
iPhone 4 + MBA 11 + iPad 2, works for me, but I'm addicted :)