itcheroni
Apr 10, 04:56 AM
All right, let me rephrase that: government funds plenty of things, like libraries and parks, that aren't "necessary" but wanted. If you want to keep the argument on the federal level, substitute your own examples, including national parks. (Remember Bush trying to push them towards privatization?)
If you have a balanced budget, and you suddenly unbalance it with tax cuts, the difference between revenue loss and spending is pretty much a matter of semantics. You had the money, and now you don't. At least when you spend it on a service, you expect to get something for it.
Maybe one of the problems with House Republicans is that they don't think of tax cuts that they can't afford as spending.
I was wondering when the rich were screaming about parks. Never mind, it's not important.
I believe the crucial difference is that you believe when government taxes and spends the money on a service, it's better than not taxing at all. Do you believe in any exceptions to this rule?
If you have a balanced budget, and you suddenly unbalance it with tax cuts, the difference between revenue loss and spending is pretty much a matter of semantics. You had the money, and now you don't. At least when you spend it on a service, you expect to get something for it.
Maybe one of the problems with House Republicans is that they don't think of tax cuts that they can't afford as spending.
I was wondering when the rich were screaming about parks. Never mind, it's not important.
I believe the crucial difference is that you believe when government taxes and spends the money on a service, it's better than not taxing at all. Do you believe in any exceptions to this rule?
dethmaShine
May 2, 12:43 PM
But what does Consumer Reports say about the network connection of this phone?
:)
:)
Trishul
Oct 27, 02:40 AM
its a high price to pay, but having a mac.com email address can be cool, and it has made people remember my email address a lot more easily, it stands out a bit more than the usual hotmail, yahoo, gmail suffixes. That's one thing, the other is i've found my .mac membership worth it, going to try Transmit, because i have found iDisk too slow, but if it works then it will be amazing. Evenstill i've had good use for my iDisk. Doing quick album pages is cool too, and very useful.
as people have said there's nothing .mac offers that any tech-minded person could set up for free, but i'm relatively tech minded, but it just means one less thing to worry about, and less time spent on mindless operations.
there is also a lot of other cool stuff you get, like free jam packs, things like that.. its basically like being a member of apple. I'm sure we pay just as much for other memberships and subscriptions. Now this new webmail is just so cool, glad i joined up when i did.
as people have said there's nothing .mac offers that any tech-minded person could set up for free, but i'm relatively tech minded, but it just means one less thing to worry about, and less time spent on mindless operations.
there is also a lot of other cool stuff you get, like free jam packs, things like that.. its basically like being a member of apple. I'm sure we pay just as much for other memberships and subscriptions. Now this new webmail is just so cool, glad i joined up when i did.
bousozoku
Sep 27, 02:17 PM
I just hope Apple have fixed a lot of ridiculous little problems with Cocoa and the Task Switcher, etc. that they introduced with 10.4.7. I'm tired of quitting one application in Task Switcher and seeing another application's name in the menu bar while it's quitting.
more...
ejfontenot
Mar 11, 09:48 PM
Yea. If I can find one, I am gonna return my 16 gig black wifi for a 16 gig white AT&T
ZipZap
Apr 16, 03:58 PM
Wait....there are rules...but then apple can bend them as they see fit?
The rules should apply to all or to none.
Just another reason I really hate apple and cant wait for jobs to leave.
The rules should apply to all or to none.
Just another reason I really hate apple and cant wait for jobs to leave.
more...
RMo
Apr 12, 01:21 PM
So what's fixed?
To me, in Office nothing seemed broken.
Outlook much? I thought they were going to add better syncing...
To me, in Office nothing seemed broken.
Outlook much? I thought they were going to add better syncing...
Mac-Addict
Oct 20, 02:58 PM
Ill be there at 3 if possible xD If my mum can take me lol xD (I am like 13 so..)
Someone needs to hold a sign saying "Macrumors forum member here" and we will know who each other are :P
Edit: Ohh yeah Ill be there for definite :D Getting my t-shirt, buying Leopard :)
Someone needs to hold a sign saying "Macrumors forum member here" and we will know who each other are :P
Edit: Ohh yeah Ill be there for definite :D Getting my t-shirt, buying Leopard :)
more...
SuperCachetes
Apr 8, 11:07 AM
These greedy right-wingers refusing to cut the corporate handouts and raise taxes are going to force financial hardship on hundreds of thousands of people if there's a shut-down. They need to put their zealotry aside for a moment, and realize that the revenue has to be fixed. now. $Trillions in debt? And they want to spend more on bull #$%& missiles and planes? Talk about clueless. When you're this far in debt, you can't afford to flush more money down the toilet on controversial programs like defense, etc.
Fixed that for you. Because it, you know, goes both ways n' stuff. :rolleyes:
Fixed that for you. Because it, you know, goes both ways n' stuff. :rolleyes:
rhinosrcool
Feb 19, 02:23 AM
Steve looks the same as he did at the last two keynotes.
more...
guzhogi
Sep 1, 08:51 AM
I hope the super secret features aren't already in the preview (or at least disabled). If they were active, I'm sure people would be saying "wow that's a cool new feature!" Since I haven't heard any of that, and the secret stuff is active, then I guess Apple's making a mountain out of a molehill.

OdduWon
Oct 10, 12:29 PM
most of us are saying that the outside is great but the entire inside needs to be redisigned anyway for the hot under the paste merom and the new chip set for santarosa, duo2 is a different board too i think. my point is this, because intel promised cool chips apple discarded some thermal buffer when they madi mbp less than 1 inch, now their faced with a redesign for a processor that will be 0utdated in 3 months or the will spend thwe time to give us a place holder that wont cook our sausage.
more...
CAWjr
Mar 24, 03:41 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)
Yeah this is a deal. I just called our local store and the guy said they're out of 16gbs nationally. Considering a 32...
Not true. Just about every VZW store in Atlanta has them in stock...except for the one closest to my home!
Yeah this is a deal. I just called our local store and the guy said they're out of 16gbs nationally. Considering a 32...
Not true. Just about every VZW store in Atlanta has them in stock...except for the one closest to my home!
illitrate23
May 4, 06:40 AM
I can't download it, the "Download Mac Client" is just gray. Is it becaus i live in Europe?
Only the US client went live last week
the EU one was delayed for extra testing on the servers.
official dude on the blizzard forums said they hoped to release the EU client last night - but in the end he came back and said it would probably be today (Tuesday) instead.
But, seeing as they work West Coast USA time, that might mean it's unlikely to become available to us until the middle of the night tonight
i tried the pc client under boot camp - looked great, was a real buzz to playing the old game again with such nice graphics
Only the US client went live last week
the EU one was delayed for extra testing on the servers.
official dude on the blizzard forums said they hoped to release the EU client last night - but in the end he came back and said it would probably be today (Tuesday) instead.
But, seeing as they work West Coast USA time, that might mean it's unlikely to become available to us until the middle of the night tonight
i tried the pc client under boot camp - looked great, was a real buzz to playing the old game again with such nice graphics
more...
BornAgainMac
Oct 26, 07:48 PM
Just like the hotmail upgrade to their email interface. Anyways, I hope .Mac increases the iDisk space. 1 GB is too small.
rdowns
Apr 8, 08:31 AM
Uhm, yeah, there's also the Democrats who could've passed a new budget quite a long time ago, but were afraid of dealing with their own party.
What's pathetic is the complete lack of common sense between the two parties. They used to know how to work together in the past. Now they can't compromise because of ideological BS. It's a Lose-Lose situation, for the people at least.
It's time to throw the everyone out.
You'll get no argument from me. I blame all of them. See my earlier post.
The real absurdity is that, by and large, the pols who got us into this are the ones we are relying on getting us out.
What's pathetic is the complete lack of common sense between the two parties. They used to know how to work together in the past. Now they can't compromise because of ideological BS. It's a Lose-Lose situation, for the people at least.
It's time to throw the everyone out.
You'll get no argument from me. I blame all of them. See my earlier post.
The real absurdity is that, by and large, the pols who got us into this are the ones we are relying on getting us out.
more...
firewood
Mar 28, 07:12 PM
Sold out in less than half a day.
And Google IO sold out in less than an hour (but costs less that a third as much, minus airfare).
Mobile development is becoming like a wild land rush.
And Google IO sold out in less than an hour (but costs less that a third as much, minus airfare).
Mobile development is becoming like a wild land rush.
ten-oak-druid
Apr 12, 04:41 PM
I'm holding off on the ipad. I really like it and I'm not waiting for some future specs. I just am not sure I have enough need for it to spend that kind of cash. I have a three year old laptop and I think I'd rather save a little more money and get a new laptop than add an ipad to my collection. And I think the needs of an ipad are not that great for me right now.
I think if I were to buy one it would be as a gift for my parents. You know these are ideal for people in the family who do not really need a full computer but you'd like to have the ability to interact with on-line. You can set it up with your own computer and occasionally update it for them. It looks to be a lot less of a headache to manage for someone who is not tech savvy than a full computer.
I think if I were to buy one it would be as a gift for my parents. You know these are ideal for people in the family who do not really need a full computer but you'd like to have the ability to interact with on-line. You can set it up with your own computer and occasionally update it for them. It looks to be a lot less of a headache to manage for someone who is not tech savvy than a full computer.
mmmcheese
Sep 27, 04:09 PM
hah! you are ridiculous, trying to play quake on an integrated graphics chip.
shoulda bought a macbook pro.
that said, for the money apple is charging, they could have definitely picked a low end dedicated graphics chip from ati or nvidia. shame on apple
Wasn't Quake 1 a software rendered game? In that case, the graphics processor has nothing to do with it. Even if it is OpenGL accelerated, the integrated graphics should have no problem on such an old game.
shoulda bought a macbook pro.
that said, for the money apple is charging, they could have definitely picked a low end dedicated graphics chip from ati or nvidia. shame on apple
Wasn't Quake 1 a software rendered game? In that case, the graphics processor has nothing to do with it. Even if it is OpenGL accelerated, the integrated graphics should have no problem on such an old game.
G4er?
Apr 5, 08:50 AM
If needing to carry a computer all the time everywhere I go is normal I'm glad I'm not normal. I enjoy using a computer but I also enjoy being able to walk away from them and exist without one too.
AppleInLVX
Apr 19, 03:05 PM
White doesn't do it for me much. Is this how Apple wants to attract more female users? I know that's part of why RIM releases white devices...
iPhelim
Oct 27, 06:09 PM
Hah, you got me at the bottom of the stairs on this one! Me and my two friends, I'm in the middle.
-Matt
Is that you!? I was standing like 2 people in front of you, in front of the guy with the iPhone who you got talking to about your camera.
-Matt
Is that you!? I was standing like 2 people in front of you, in front of the guy with the iPhone who you got talking to about your camera.
Mac-Addict
Oct 26, 05:03 PM
How long is the line?
10? 20? 50?
When you posted this it was about 300 people :P
10? 20? 50?
When you posted this it was about 300 people :P
stubeeef
May 27, 07:40 PM
I am running the Award Winning folding widget on 10.3.9 using amnesty.
COOL
you can find your user number in the panel to the left of your profile, above user summary. In my case the number is 125107.
COOL
you can find your user number in the panel to the left of your profile, above user summary. In my case the number is 125107.