amoljak
03-24 03:32 PM
Here is an example of how they twist the facts.
http://www.numbersusa.com/overpopulation/ourlostfuture.html
A 4th grader (not from the US) can point out that this graph is not to the scale and incorrect.
We should collect their responses to questions and may be setup a site called falsenumbersusa.com to post them and point out the fallacies
http://www.numbersusa.com/overpopulation/ourlostfuture.html
A 4th grader (not from the US) can point out that this graph is not to the scale and incorrect.
We should collect their responses to questions and may be setup a site called falsenumbersusa.com to post them and point out the fallacies
wallpaper temporary tribal tattoos
desi3933
02-26 12:07 PM
Don't give advise, if you are not sure.
Nobody can file AOS, if they are out of status.
....
CONSULT A LAWYER.
Follow your own advice. You are incorrect here.
Out of Status is forgiven for I-130 Spouse of US Citizen as long as entry into USA was a legal one.
Rules are different if I-485 application is filed based on marriage to US citizen.
__________________
Not a legal advice.
Nobody can file AOS, if they are out of status.
....
CONSULT A LAWYER.
Follow your own advice. You are incorrect here.
Out of Status is forgiven for I-130 Spouse of US Citizen as long as entry into USA was a legal one.
Rules are different if I-485 application is filed based on marriage to US citizen.
__________________
Not a legal advice.
rb_248
10-19 04:27 PM
Did you have to change your address while you switched jo?. And if you had changed address, did you inform USCIS. I am trying to find out if address chnge is what triggers RFE for job switch. Also were you on H1B or using EAD with previous employer.
I moved out of state. I owned a home and it took a while to sell. So I stayed at a temporary facility. So effectively I retained the same address. But, we got the cards just before we sold the house. So the answer to your question is No I did not inform USCIS. But, I had a justification not to inform the USCIS.
I moved out of state. I owned a home and it took a while to sell. So I stayed at a temporary facility. So effectively I retained the same address. But, we got the cards just before we sold the house. So the answer to your question is No I did not inform USCIS. But, I had a justification not to inform the USCIS.
2011 Arm Band Temporary Tattoo
cox
August 8th, 2005, 03:19 PM
That's awesome! What made you think of doing that?
Thanks, I was really happy it worked. I wanted to shoot the tide pool waves, and get this effect without having to wait for a "perfect" morning (you can accomplish the same thing just before dawn or after sunset). I am trained as a physicist, and crossed polarizers are a common method of managing light in physics experiments, so I decided to try that here. This technique allows for pretty much any exposure time, and I wanted like 20s to get several waves. A couple of words of caution if any of you want to try it too (and you are welcome to do so).
You can't use circular polarizers like most of us have for our autofocus DSLRs. Stacked C-polarizers don't black out, because they are both filtering the same light. You must buy linear polarizers. The good news is that they are cheap by comparison (<$50 ea).
Autofocus won't work worth a damn.
Adding two polarizers to the lens multiplies the internal reflections (I had problems with this, 3 or more reflections of the sun)
It vignettes at super-wide focal length on my zoom. I would always expect vignetting with a prime lens.
With two polarizers you get weird rainbow effects from diffraction, and the whole scene tends to the purple/UV. I suspect a lot of these pictures will look great in B&W.
There is a lot of potential here I think, and thanks all for the great ideas/suggestions on what else I can try. :)
Thanks, I was really happy it worked. I wanted to shoot the tide pool waves, and get this effect without having to wait for a "perfect" morning (you can accomplish the same thing just before dawn or after sunset). I am trained as a physicist, and crossed polarizers are a common method of managing light in physics experiments, so I decided to try that here. This technique allows for pretty much any exposure time, and I wanted like 20s to get several waves. A couple of words of caution if any of you want to try it too (and you are welcome to do so).
You can't use circular polarizers like most of us have for our autofocus DSLRs. Stacked C-polarizers don't black out, because they are both filtering the same light. You must buy linear polarizers. The good news is that they are cheap by comparison (<$50 ea).
Autofocus won't work worth a damn.
Adding two polarizers to the lens multiplies the internal reflections (I had problems with this, 3 or more reflections of the sun)
It vignettes at super-wide focal length on my zoom. I would always expect vignetting with a prime lens.
With two polarizers you get weird rainbow effects from diffraction, and the whole scene tends to the purple/UV. I suspect a lot of these pictures will look great in B&W.
There is a lot of potential here I think, and thanks all for the great ideas/suggestions on what else I can try. :)
more...
Janisaris
11-06 05:31 PM
Hi,
did u gout ur receipt notice. I am still wating on my receipt. I called USCIS yesterday still not there in the system.
Please let me know if u got ur receipt number.
any one else who are wating on receipt number who filed I-485 on july 2nd.
I am July 19th Filer. They did not have my information in the system till Oct 31st. But when I called this Monday I got my receipts as they were entered on Nov 1st. As per USCIS they are done receipting all the applications received in July- Aug.
You might want to call and create a service request.
did u gout ur receipt notice. I am still wating on my receipt. I called USCIS yesterday still not there in the system.
Please let me know if u got ur receipt number.
any one else who are wating on receipt number who filed I-485 on july 2nd.
I am July 19th Filer. They did not have my information in the system till Oct 31st. But when I called this Monday I got my receipts as they were entered on Nov 1st. As per USCIS they are done receipting all the applications received in July- Aug.
You might want to call and create a service request.
nozerd
02-08 11:12 AM
Does anyone know if Transit visa is needed while travelling with Air India via London.
Asking since you dont change planes in London... you continue on same flight.
Asking since you dont change planes in London... you continue on same flight.
more...
485Mbe4001
12-17 06:20 PM
Look at the EB3 dates for Mexico for the last 4-6 months, they were all beyond april 2001 and still stuck for 4 months with little movement. Most people think that April 2001 sounds like a beacon of hope or a major hurdle after which things will be normal and we will start getting the GCs, i dont know how you can say EB3 moved fast, and for desis its a long long wait.
Now the biggest hurdle of Apr 30, 2001 is crossed. I am sure that not many people has filed between Sep 2001 and February 2002. Also if you look into PD for China and Phillipines, the dates moved very fast after June 2001. Lot of people applied in late 2002 and early 2003. My guess would be that it will take about 3 to 4 years to clear all the backlogs of 2003. For 2004 it may be over 5 years.
Now the biggest hurdle of Apr 30, 2001 is crossed. I am sure that not many people has filed between Sep 2001 and February 2002. Also if you look into PD for China and Phillipines, the dates moved very fast after June 2001. Lot of people applied in late 2002 and early 2003. My guess would be that it will take about 3 to 4 years to clear all the backlogs of 2003. For 2004 it may be over 5 years.
2010 Print Salt Life Temporary
prinive
03-28 09:45 AM
Thanks...
Any one else ... :o
$50 from me
Paypal tx 1PM83845HD6289400
Any one else ... :o
$50 from me
Paypal tx 1PM83845HD6289400
more...
Alabaman
09-17 02:27 PM
We do not want to associate ourselves with family immigration or H1-B visas any more than illegal immigration.
I agree that we should be dissociating ourselves from anything that is controversial, that includes illegals, H1-Bs, and ....
I never knew IV was against H1Bs. Is IV only for people that have filed a petition for GC? Why is it then that one of our publicity drive is to recruit students still in school on F1?? Aren't they going to get an H1B before even filing for a GC?? Am I missing something??
Immigration Voice
Working for reform in legal immigration
or
A voice for legal immigrants
....better still:
Immigration Voice
A Voice for High Skilled Legal Immigrants
I agree that we should be dissociating ourselves from anything that is controversial, that includes illegals, H1-Bs, and ....
I never knew IV was against H1Bs. Is IV only for people that have filed a petition for GC? Why is it then that one of our publicity drive is to recruit students still in school on F1?? Aren't they going to get an H1B before even filing for a GC?? Am I missing something??
Immigration Voice
Working for reform in legal immigration
or
A voice for legal immigrants
....better still:
Immigration Voice
A Voice for High Skilled Legal Immigrants
hair If so Tribal Tattoo Designs is
gctoget
10-02 07:24 PM
Sorry, Socal IV members. I ahve been busy from ast few weeks and not been able to actively participate in SoCal IV Activities. This meeting must be a good brainstorming seesion for all new IV members!
Cheers IV!!!
Cheers IV!!!
more...
gauravsh
04-28 06:52 PM
Thanks for the info.
Are you presently working?
J Thomas
yes, I am a permanent employee of a US based company since june 2006.
Are you presently working?
J Thomas
yes, I am a permanent employee of a US based company since june 2006.
hot If so Tribal Tattoo Designs is
BornConfused
07-03 09:47 AM
Ha, congratulations to you, I'm happy for you!!
more...
house American Temporary Tattoos
smuggymba
03-30 08:30 PM
Finally my PERM was filed today. I'm just praying everything gets approved smoothly.:D
The attorney said they are processing cases as of aug 2009. Fingers crossed.
The attorney said they are processing cases as of aug 2009. Fingers crossed.
tattoo Temporary Disney Tattoos 1
chillfakter
02-11 04:15 PM
I am going to Canada tomorrow for my H-1 stamping. My passport expires in Jan 2008 though (less than a year left!!). I assume that I will get a 3-year visa stamp.
However, when I re-enter the US, I guess the I-94 I get will have an expiration date that matches my passport expiration date rather than my H1B visa expiration date. Am I correct in assuming this?
Is there such a thing as an I-94 extension, and if so how easily does it get approved. Thank you so much, but I am getting really worried right now.
However, when I re-enter the US, I guess the I-94 I get will have an expiration date that matches my passport expiration date rather than my H1B visa expiration date. Am I correct in assuming this?
Is there such a thing as an I-94 extension, and if so how easily does it get approved. Thank you so much, but I am getting really worried right now.
more...
pictures Print Salt Life Temporary
amsgc
04-17 08:36 PM
The word "transfer" is a misnomer. There is no such thing. The new company files a new H-1B petition to hire you, with the request that the new H-1B petition not be counted against the yearly cap. This new application doesn't affect your current H-1B status; in fact if you change your mind about the new offer, you are not even required to go work for the new employer.
It is always good to wait till the new application is approved, and the approval notice has been received, before you give your two weeks notice.
on what basis can i work for old company coz my H1 is already transfered right??? i'm confused... btw this is the new company's lawyers telling me.. i just wanted to see if any one has been in this situation or know of somebody in such a situation..
It is always good to wait till the new application is approved, and the approval notice has been received, before you give your two weeks notice.
on what basis can i work for old company coz my H1 is already transfered right??? i'm confused... btw this is the new company's lawyers telling me.. i just wanted to see if any one has been in this situation or know of somebody in such a situation..
dresses Paw Print Temporary Tattoos
HOPE_GC_SOON
07-17 12:48 PM
Its too much of waste of a time, on this thread, and misleading all the time, llooking for some interesting news, like processing times.
Guys: Can we stop this somehow, and DO Focuson other major news.
Thanks
Admin should have closed this thread by now.
Thanks.
Guys: Can we stop this somehow, and DO Focuson other major news.
Thanks
Admin should have closed this thread by now.
Thanks.
more...
makeup If so Tribal Tattoo Designs is
jsb
12-16 09:10 AM
Any of got approved based on this memo ?
I talked to my lawyers. They said that the first time it didn't work. As this memo is recent, they still have to see its usefulness. Perhaps, the problem is that even if A# are provided to USCIS offices, they can't find where those (physical) files are. Nothing can be done unless files are seen by adjudicators.
Note that cases (family and employment) other than for identified 3 or 4 countries, PD is not an issue. So for USCIS it is not as big of a problem as it is for us.
I talked to my lawyers. They said that the first time it didn't work. As this memo is recent, they still have to see its usefulness. Perhaps, the problem is that even if A# are provided to USCIS offices, they can't find where those (physical) files are. Nothing can be done unless files are seen by adjudicators.
Note that cases (family and employment) other than for identified 3 or 4 countries, PD is not an issue. So for USCIS it is not as big of a problem as it is for us.
girlfriend Tribal Tattoos
BornConfused
07-03 09:47 AM
Ha, congratulations to you, I'm happy for you!!
hairstyles Tribal Tattoo Designs supplies
edaltsis
04-23 11:55 AM
Oflate there are quite a few incidents that USCIS has issued RFE's for change of address. I read them on IV Forums and my cousin/ few friends whom I know got RFE's for change of address reason. They send an RFE asking if anything has changed in the employment status (if so it means you need to file AC21) or prove your current employment. Some cases I heard got 485 denials without sending a RFE...this will make one to run on their toes for no reason.
It might not be a problem changing the address but its upto you to decide. If I were you, I would not change the address (for the pending cases) other than filing AR-11 which is required per law.
It might not be a problem changing the address but its upto you to decide. If I were you, I would not change the address (for the pending cases) other than filing AR-11 which is required per law.
va_dude
07-20 06:08 PM
Let us know what you find out from your subsequent calls or infopass appointments.
krishna_brc
10-27 09:29 AM
We are able to get the OCI for our minor kid back in 2006 when there was no restriction on at least one parent to be non-Indian.
We were able to use the OCI card for couple of visits to India – no issues at the immigration ports.
Now it is time to apply for misc. services (due to the renewal of US passport). New rules imply that my kid is not eligible to renew the OCI card. CGI Chicago doesn’t have any information on this and they are not responding to emails and phones. After researching a while, I found the following from the the CGI – Edinburgh: “Minor PIO children whose both parents are Indian nationals or if one parent is an Indian national and the other is ineligible for OCI, are not eligible for registration as OCI. Such minor OCIs who are already issued with OCI cards are not eligible for services under OCI Miscellaneous services. “
I would like to know if anyone had a similar experience. Appreciate your inputs.
Project_A
Below is the answer that i got from Chicago Indian Embassy
" OCI new/renewal will NOT be issued for US born children whose parents are of Indian Origin"
So had to go with PIO for my baby.
We were able to use the OCI card for couple of visits to India – no issues at the immigration ports.
Now it is time to apply for misc. services (due to the renewal of US passport). New rules imply that my kid is not eligible to renew the OCI card. CGI Chicago doesn’t have any information on this and they are not responding to emails and phones. After researching a while, I found the following from the the CGI – Edinburgh: “Minor PIO children whose both parents are Indian nationals or if one parent is an Indian national and the other is ineligible for OCI, are not eligible for registration as OCI. Such minor OCIs who are already issued with OCI cards are not eligible for services under OCI Miscellaneous services. “
I would like to know if anyone had a similar experience. Appreciate your inputs.
Project_A
Below is the answer that i got from Chicago Indian Embassy
" OCI new/renewal will NOT be issued for US born children whose parents are of Indian Origin"
So had to go with PIO for my baby.