kdoug
May 5, 07:42 PM
Hi all,
Just curious to see how many have a apple laptop and and Ipad. Work just bought me a MBP last week and I already have a Ipad 2. Just trying to justify the two, maybe I sell the ipad 2 because I have to keep the laptop. By the way, I love both of them...I use the Ipad 2 for reading books, magazines etc...
Thanks for the comments or thoughts...
I sold my iPad 2 and purchased the MacBook Pro. It's not about money, it had more to do with justification. I will forever miss some of the games on my iPad but that's about it. Netflix looks way better on my MacBook.
Just curious to see how many have a apple laptop and and Ipad. Work just bought me a MBP last week and I already have a Ipad 2. Just trying to justify the two, maybe I sell the ipad 2 because I have to keep the laptop. By the way, I love both of them...I use the Ipad 2 for reading books, magazines etc...
Thanks for the comments or thoughts...
I sold my iPad 2 and purchased the MacBook Pro. It's not about money, it had more to do with justification. I will forever miss some of the games on my iPad but that's about it. Netflix looks way better on my MacBook.
awadeee
Apr 13, 05:20 AM
I've been waiting and waiting, like many others for the white iPhone 4 to be released, and have been disappointed. I think I'm going to get a used iPhone 4 black (hopefully in shotty condition for cheap) and buy the white kit and transfer.
Questions:
Will the proximity sensor work?
Will the earpiece work?
Are these faulty in all white conversions?
How bad is the camera really?
Any insight would be very much appreciated.
Questions:
Will the proximity sensor work?
Will the earpiece work?
Are these faulty in all white conversions?
How bad is the camera really?
Any insight would be very much appreciated.
ReunionComputer
Apr 14, 12:10 PM
Where is the Engraines of macbook , any one can help me here ?
helloo ?!
helloo ?!
GeeYouEye
Sep 21, 12:38 AM
Anyone have any guesses?
more...
farmerdoug
Mar 29, 12:34 PM
if I run system("ls > tmp.tmp") I don't have any problem. I am getting an output to the terminal instead of writing to the file.
KBP
Jun 20, 11:51 PM
Any one planning to camp out?
more...
tsteakuk
Mar 21, 08:27 PM
Hi guys, wanted to see what people's thoughts are on the iPad 2 Launch in Solihull and if anyone had any news or info.
Far as I'm concerned I'll be there, from previous launches people turned up and queued around 5.30/6 in the morning, from info I got from Touchwood security, on 25th they will be opening the Poplar Entrance (near John Lewis) before any other door due to the problems with too many open at the same time, which in turn caused too much chaos at previous launches.car park queuers will be led to the back of the main entrance line to keep order so personally would be just easier to walk round to secure your space and avoid disappointment.
As normal touchwood don't tend to give much away so I was lucky to get any info at all but it sounded fairly well thoughtout to stop any apple madness happening.
If your going, good luck and share any info as I have and we can all hopefully enjoy a nice new iPad 2 come Friday.
Far as I'm concerned I'll be there, from previous launches people turned up and queued around 5.30/6 in the morning, from info I got from Touchwood security, on 25th they will be opening the Poplar Entrance (near John Lewis) before any other door due to the problems with too many open at the same time, which in turn caused too much chaos at previous launches.car park queuers will be led to the back of the main entrance line to keep order so personally would be just easier to walk round to secure your space and avoid disappointment.
As normal touchwood don't tend to give much away so I was lucky to get any info at all but it sounded fairly well thoughtout to stop any apple madness happening.
If your going, good luck and share any info as I have and we can all hopefully enjoy a nice new iPad 2 come Friday.
onecajun
Jan 17, 03:31 PM
If I remember correctly I needed the jumper on 1.5 for my xserve but I left everything alone on all the other xserves even my g5. I want to say something else about my old trusty g5....it have a slightly faster network transfer rate than all my other xserves
OK I tried a 3tb Hitachi in my 2009 xserve and it only reports 2.2tb, so I think 2.2 is the limit.
OK I tried a 3tb Hitachi in my 2009 xserve and it only reports 2.2tb, so I think 2.2 is the limit.
more...
zap2
Apr 1, 10:28 AM
they get funnier every year....
joking? Because in the PS3 joke thread, you said you think people shouldn't be allowed on web on April 1st
joking? Because in the PS3 joke thread, you said you think people shouldn't be allowed on web on April 1st
atrac7
Apr 6, 01:27 AM
^^Exactly what i did! All good now :)
Out of curiosity, why did you use a third party charger? I've done it a few times with other devices, but it's always been with quality, branded chargers (like charging my Kindle with my BlackBerry's charger), but I wouldn't dare do that with my iPad unless I knew it was top quality since so many of those third party chargers, like third party batteries, can damage your equipment.
By the way, I think using a third party charger may have voided your warranty anyway. At least on some devices I'm pretty sure it does.
Honestly I was using the same charger...just was an extension, so the tip was different...
Out of curiosity, why did you use a third party charger? I've done it a few times with other devices, but it's always been with quality, branded chargers (like charging my Kindle with my BlackBerry's charger), but I wouldn't dare do that with my iPad unless I knew it was top quality since so many of those third party chargers, like third party batteries, can damage your equipment.
By the way, I think using a third party charger may have voided your warranty anyway. At least on some devices I'm pretty sure it does.
Honestly I was using the same charger...just was an extension, so the tip was different...
more...
amacgenius
Dec 20, 03:05 PM
Colin over at command-tab.com replaced a few things in his PB, which involved opening it up, maybe this article (http://www.command-tab.com/index.php/powerbook-overhaul/) can help.

Nri1
Sep 20, 10:28 PM
Props to Richard Noll for sending it in. We need more people like that in this world.
more...
Mitthrawnuruodo
Feb 22, 09:49 AM
yes, this would normally be the problem. BUT as I stated. All of my accounts are on the same server. About ten accounts and ONLY two of them. And this does NOT happen on my G5 only on my PowerMac. Therefore I am sure it's NOT the server.
thanks.
mbx
If you're sure it's not the server, then have you tried (after backing everything up) to go through the ordinary checklist, before it comes to deleting prefs (which I fear you must do): Fixing permissions, rebuilding mailboxes etc.?
As I understand you it's the same two that keeps making trouble...? What do you mean when you say all accounts are on the same server, is it 10 differnet accounts on one domain, or different domains all hosted on the same (physical) server...?
thanks.
mbx
If you're sure it's not the server, then have you tried (after backing everything up) to go through the ordinary checklist, before it comes to deleting prefs (which I fear you must do): Fixing permissions, rebuilding mailboxes etc.?
As I understand you it's the same two that keeps making trouble...? What do you mean when you say all accounts are on the same server, is it 10 differnet accounts on one domain, or different domains all hosted on the same (physical) server...?
Indy Golfer
May 6, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the reply!
I am trying to find a way to do this without using services like mobileme, VPN or any type of remote access. I believe there has to be a way to make this happen, although that probably comes from my ignorance. I feel like the guy on the Dyson commercials, "I just think things should work properly".
I think there was a Windows 7 commercial about doing something like this, so I was hoping I could do it as well.
Anyone else want to chime in?
Thanks!
I am trying to find a way to do this without using services like mobileme, VPN or any type of remote access. I believe there has to be a way to make this happen, although that probably comes from my ignorance. I feel like the guy on the Dyson commercials, "I just think things should work properly".
I think there was a Windows 7 commercial about doing something like this, so I was hoping I could do it as well.
Anyone else want to chime in?
Thanks!
more...
MisterMe
Jun 15, 08:26 PM
Find a parabolic equation that matches the graph.
/threadAs the graph is not of a parabolic function, what good would that do?
/threadAs the graph is not of a parabolic function, what good would that do?
d wade
Jul 12, 09:19 AM
if anyone from here was there friday morning.. you saw the zoo.
the line was so long it wrapped around the permieter of the mall area and then out the door. people were waiting outside.
i waited for 3 hours then had to go to work. tried again this morning but store opened after i had to be at work.
hopefully i can get it soon...
the line was so long it wrapped around the permieter of the mall area and then out the door. people were waiting outside.
i waited for 3 hours then had to go to work. tried again this morning but store opened after i had to be at work.
hopefully i can get it soon...
more...
sparkleytone
Sep 12, 12:58 PM
actually i believe it was macrumors that had the news of the latest g4 out first...BUT...the people who continue to give these forums a newfound bad name drove him off and flamed the hell out of him. wtg mr members.......
Dagless
Mar 27, 07:31 PM
sikkinixx - The DS is region free yea. And CD-Wow.com is your cheap DS game friend ;) I mean 20 quid for Pokemon Diamond :eek:
jackerin
Jan 15, 04:49 PM
When you access the track editor there should be a checkbox to follow tempo and pitch, see if it's checked, if so uncheck it.
andylyon
Dec 1, 06:39 AM
You need a credit card to register for an iTunes account and for some reason I think (read: think, not know) Apple has limited it to one credit card per account so I can't really do that.
Regional limiting is stupid, it's like DRM.
Strictly that's true, but there are a few easy ways round that. A Google search will bering up many methods, a few of which I think have been posted on here.
Regional limiting is stupid, it's like DRM.
Strictly that's true, but there are a few easy ways round that. A Google search will bering up many methods, a few of which I think have been posted on here.
ayeying
May 3, 11:59 AM
Well, it's mostly games, which is a pity. I know it's not a gaming laptop but they do sell them through Steam, so I'd like to buy them.
The way you say it, it seems related to the extra power provided by the SB processor. So there seem to be three solutions.
1. Undervolting, which isn't possible right now.
2. Downgrading, and, as in the MacBook Air, fixing another kind of bottleneck (HD operation).
3. Better cooling through termal paste, more fans, cooling pad, etc.
Am I right here? I'd like to know more about this CPU+GPU combo in the same core, because I read it lead to further heating. Is there any truth to this?
Just because it's on steam doesn't mean you need to buy the game... Furthermore, like with Windows, you need to see if the requirements match your system or it'll run poorly.
Under volt is possible. It's pointless though especially if you're stressing the system then the fan will come on or your system will shut down
Downgrade is up to you. But any system, you stress it, fans will come on
Cooling pad just adds to the noise. You can attempt a thermal paste change but like I said, games will cause the system to run fans at max to keep it a good temperature.
It's not so much of a CPU + GPU combo, it's the heat generated by both parts of the die concentrated on a single heatsink. To be honest the older systems genereated about the same amount of wattage wasted in heat so it's not too big of a difference
The way you say it, it seems related to the extra power provided by the SB processor. So there seem to be three solutions.
1. Undervolting, which isn't possible right now.
2. Downgrading, and, as in the MacBook Air, fixing another kind of bottleneck (HD operation).
3. Better cooling through termal paste, more fans, cooling pad, etc.
Am I right here? I'd like to know more about this CPU+GPU combo in the same core, because I read it lead to further heating. Is there any truth to this?
Just because it's on steam doesn't mean you need to buy the game... Furthermore, like with Windows, you need to see if the requirements match your system or it'll run poorly.
Under volt is possible. It's pointless though especially if you're stressing the system then the fan will come on or your system will shut down
Downgrade is up to you. But any system, you stress it, fans will come on
Cooling pad just adds to the noise. You can attempt a thermal paste change but like I said, games will cause the system to run fans at max to keep it a good temperature.
It's not so much of a CPU + GPU combo, it's the heat generated by both parts of the die concentrated on a single heatsink. To be honest the older systems genereated about the same amount of wattage wasted in heat so it's not too big of a difference
MikhailT
Mar 23, 11:53 PM
You'll find out at WWDC what the final version will be.
I doubt it, WWDC is likely to be devoted to iPhone 5 with iOS 5. Apple is likely to do a small special media event for Lion like the Lion Preview event last year.
I doubt it, WWDC is likely to be devoted to iPhone 5 with iOS 5. Apple is likely to do a small special media event for Lion like the Lion Preview event last year.
Inhale420
Oct 27, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by scem0
30 inches ?!?!?! My god. Nobody would buy that. Not because it isn't cool, but because it would be too expensive. That would be a bad move for apple.
not only that, but there is a limit to where bigger is NOT better. a 30 inch screen placed 2 feet in front of you doesn't seem to make much sense.
30 inches ?!?!?! My god. Nobody would buy that. Not because it isn't cool, but because it would be too expensive. That would be a bad move for apple.
not only that, but there is a limit to where bigger is NOT better. a 30 inch screen placed 2 feet in front of you doesn't seem to make much sense.
mkrishnan
Jan 4, 12:50 AM
The screenshots are also too wide for a 1024 screen and a 80% width browser window.... :( Which is going to be a lot of PB and iBook users.
But I don't understand this whole "ugly guide" thing...isn't just sending the PM and not moving the guide at all enough?
But I don't understand this whole "ugly guide" thing...isn't just sending the PM and not moving the guide at all enough?