TheHulk
09-11 10:50 AM
I was in a similar situation with EAD
I applied for EAD in November 2008, it got Approved (Card Production Ordered etc) but never rec'd the card.
I raised numerous SR's , spoke to IO' etc. (for 9 Months)
Every IO was very sympathetic but they did not know where my card was.
At last in July 2009 , I spoke to an IO and the said that she would follow it up
The next day, I rec'd an email stating that my Card was sent in November 2008 , since I did not receive it , it might have been lost in the email and If I need EAD, I need to re-apply
After this I spoke to an IO again, she said the case closed - Card lost in email - I need to re-apply.
Anyways... I did not re-apply.
In August 2009 I received my EAD card in the mail :)
I applied for EAD in November 2008, it got Approved (Card Production Ordered etc) but never rec'd the card.
I raised numerous SR's , spoke to IO' etc. (for 9 Months)
Every IO was very sympathetic but they did not know where my card was.
At last in July 2009 , I spoke to an IO and the said that she would follow it up
The next day, I rec'd an email stating that my Card was sent in November 2008 , since I did not receive it , it might have been lost in the email and If I need EAD, I need to re-apply
After this I spoke to an IO again, she said the case closed - Card lost in email - I need to re-apply.
Anyways... I did not re-apply.
In August 2009 I received my EAD card in the mail :)
wallpaper James Lafferty
TeddyKoochu
04-22 03:42 PM
Congrats and thanks for sharing this great news. Looks like E-E Relationship memo is not being applied.
hpandey
07-30 01:16 PM
Paper based filing on July 2nd 2008 (NSC)
Got filing receipt on July 19th 2008
Today I got the CRIS appproval email for my EAD application. However, the EAD application for my spouse still shows pending. We both filed together (paper filing). Is this normal, has someone seen this type of situation before? Do I need to contact USCIS to remind them about the other EAD application?
I got a similar situation but the thing is that both myself and my spouse got our EAD's but my application on the website shows pending while it is approved for my spouse. Don't know why my application is still showing pending. Could it be because I am the dependent on the application and not primary ?
Got filing receipt on July 19th 2008
Today I got the CRIS appproval email for my EAD application. However, the EAD application for my spouse still shows pending. We both filed together (paper filing). Is this normal, has someone seen this type of situation before? Do I need to contact USCIS to remind them about the other EAD application?
I got a similar situation but the thing is that both myself and my spouse got our EAD's but my application on the website shows pending while it is approved for my spouse. Don't know why my application is still showing pending. Could it be because I am the dependent on the application and not primary ?
2011 James Lafferty
chanduv23
11-14 08:36 PM
I totally agree that we must channelize all our frustration into positive energy. But, sometimes I get a feeling that I don't belong in the US anymore and why should I fight for something that is never going to happen. :(
In a recent bollywood movie (Om Shanti Om) is this popular dialog "If you want something and you make sincere efforts and have the confidence and are persistently trying with a open heart, the whole world will do what it takes to make sure you get what you want, and if you have not yet got what you want then the show is not yet over, it continues " :) :) :)
You very much belong to the US. Try to understand the politics. This is a democracy and everything goes through legislative and administrative processes.
If there is some place you can do to help yourself, it can be possible in the US only. Politicians listen to us and definitely do something.
So think positive and start participating in grass roots efforts
In a recent bollywood movie (Om Shanti Om) is this popular dialog "If you want something and you make sincere efforts and have the confidence and are persistently trying with a open heart, the whole world will do what it takes to make sure you get what you want, and if you have not yet got what you want then the show is not yet over, it continues " :) :) :)
You very much belong to the US. Try to understand the politics. This is a democracy and everything goes through legislative and administrative processes.
If there is some place you can do to help yourself, it can be possible in the US only. Politicians listen to us and definitely do something.
So think positive and start participating in grass roots efforts
more...
walking_dude
01-28 07:22 PM
Your situation is exactly like mine. Got OCI for first kid and PIO for the second.
Yes, rules have changed now. They denied OCI application submitted by a friend of mine (for his daughter). PIO is the only available choice.
This question is specific to Indian nationals with children born in US.
Has anyone on H1 or pending 485 received OCI for their US born child? We were able to get OCI for our first child a few years ago but the rules seem to have changed and cgisf.org states that a child whose both parents are Indian citizens can't get OCI. Any ideas? Is PIO the right option now?
Yes, rules have changed now. They denied OCI application submitted by a friend of mine (for his daughter). PIO is the only available choice.
This question is specific to Indian nationals with children born in US.
Has anyone on H1 or pending 485 received OCI for their US born child? We were able to get OCI for our first child a few years ago but the rules seem to have changed and cgisf.org states that a child whose both parents are Indian citizens can't get OCI. Any ideas? Is PIO the right option now?
prdgl
07-07 10:37 PM
Showing 1 year of work experience when you don't really have that experience. You can be asked for pay stubs, employer verification letters, etc. for I-140 and maybe even for I-485. For all you know, you might have a smooth ride all the way to your GC. But as I wrote earlier, there's no guarantee when your past can come back to haunt you.
Thanks,
Jayant
I agree completely. I am sorry for asking that question. Just curious. Because, I want to make sure what I am doing is the right one.
Thanks,
Jayant
I agree completely. I am sorry for asking that question. Just curious. Because, I want to make sure what I am doing is the right one.
more...
Karthikthiru
07-21 05:39 PM
The best thing to do in your case is to contact the local congress men or one of your Senator
2010 James Lafferty - The CW
lalitjain2002
04-14 11:22 PM
All,
I know as you all have reached 485 stage so you might be experts who can help answering few of my questions...
1) I work with a company who applied for my labor last year, its approved and now they are filling 140
2) Am applied in EB3 so not sure how many years it will take to get 485 dates to priority dates of 2008 ... am thinking abt 5-8 yrs
3) My wife works in a company who wont apply for her Green Card they dont have a policy
4) Her visa expires after 2 yrs ...
5) If I ask one of the consulting companies X to apply for her green card for future employment and pay all the cost for the green card.
6) Assuming she gets 140 in next 2 yrs before her visa is expired.
Questions .....
a) Can she renew her visa for 3 yrs with her current employer based on 485 filling pending with company X ?
b) How much would it cost to apply a green card upto phase 1 and phase 2 ...I might not actually require 485 stage. I just need her processing upto 140 stage so that she can keep renewing the visa until I get my 485 cleared ...in case I leave my job then we might think for her to apply 485 but chances are less.
Experts please guide me if this plan would work and if yes how much would it cost me ...
Thanks in advance ..
Lalit
I know as you all have reached 485 stage so you might be experts who can help answering few of my questions...
1) I work with a company who applied for my labor last year, its approved and now they are filling 140
2) Am applied in EB3 so not sure how many years it will take to get 485 dates to priority dates of 2008 ... am thinking abt 5-8 yrs
3) My wife works in a company who wont apply for her Green Card they dont have a policy
4) Her visa expires after 2 yrs ...
5) If I ask one of the consulting companies X to apply for her green card for future employment and pay all the cost for the green card.
6) Assuming she gets 140 in next 2 yrs before her visa is expired.
Questions .....
a) Can she renew her visa for 3 yrs with her current employer based on 485 filling pending with company X ?
b) How much would it cost to apply a green card upto phase 1 and phase 2 ...I might not actually require 485 stage. I just need her processing upto 140 stage so that she can keep renewing the visa until I get my 485 cleared ...in case I leave my job then we might think for her to apply 485 but chances are less.
Experts please guide me if this plan would work and if yes how much would it cost me ...
Thanks in advance ..
Lalit
more...
harsh
01-12 02:04 PM
Any body else from Alabama? Please sign up here if you are from alabama. Lets start our state chapter activities. I am willing to take the lead to start the activities. So all you alabama residents please sign up.
hair James Lafferty as Nathan Scott
girishvar
08-12 04:25 AM
USCIS always goes by birth certificate whenever there is a discrepancy. Filing affidavit undermines your birth certificate. However you have a chance they might overlook it. Dont loose sleep over this issue. Whenever clearance approval happens you might be home safely.
Wishing you all the best.
Hi Guys,
I am in a similar position, I have applied for my I-485 last july and PD is Jan 2007, I haven't got any RFE yet but reading all the posts I think I might get one for BC. My BC has 20th August as date of birth but from my school certificate,PP, DL all have 17th August date and I have send an affidavit with I-485 from my parents that I was born on 17th August. But Now when I read all the forums I think I should have send the affidavit which should have said that 20th was right but I did not know that uscis gives more importance to BC date instead of dates on other documents.
Does somebody know what uscis might do? Should I support 17th or 20th date now? and if 20th then is it possible date on school certificate, DL can be changed? I finished my 10th in 1990 and CBSE board. but on CBSE website they say they can change the DOB but only if I had finished 10th in the last two years.
Can somebody please suggest what to do since I can be ready if i get RFE.
Thanks in advance.
Wishing you all the best.
Hi Guys,
I am in a similar position, I have applied for my I-485 last july and PD is Jan 2007, I haven't got any RFE yet but reading all the posts I think I might get one for BC. My BC has 20th August as date of birth but from my school certificate,PP, DL all have 17th August date and I have send an affidavit with I-485 from my parents that I was born on 17th August. But Now when I read all the forums I think I should have send the affidavit which should have said that 20th was right but I did not know that uscis gives more importance to BC date instead of dates on other documents.
Does somebody know what uscis might do? Should I support 17th or 20th date now? and if 20th then is it possible date on school certificate, DL can be changed? I finished my 10th in 1990 and CBSE board. but on CBSE website they say they can change the DOB but only if I had finished 10th in the last two years.
Can somebody please suggest what to do since I can be ready if i get RFE.
Thanks in advance.
more...
santb1975
12-08 11:15 PM
and the easiest Action Item to work on. Rallying fellow IV'ans to contribute and be part of this effort is not easy as clicking on contribute now.
hot James Lafferty
lostinbeta
10-21 01:19 AM
I actually agree with rev now.... I think the location of the text is what is making it look like there are too many empty spaces.... where if you offset the text it will be one big open space instead of a bunch of big ones.
I think that will make it look better.
I think that will make it look better.
more...
house James Lafferty#39;s Buzzcut
gotgc?
08-06 11:27 AM
Mine is not labor substitution though. My lawyer never received the original hardcopy of the labor certification.
What can we do about this? It is way outside the processing time. My lawyer submitted an inquiry to USCIS in Jan 07. In Feb 07, they came back and said it requires an additional review. No updates since then except an LUD update last week with 07/28/07. When I spoke to my lawyer, she said she can file another inquiry in august..because she says we have to wait for 6 months before we file another inquiry..
Just curious, whether you are doing anything different to follow up on this case...?
What can we do about this? It is way outside the processing time. My lawyer submitted an inquiry to USCIS in Jan 07. In Feb 07, they came back and said it requires an additional review. No updates since then except an LUD update last week with 07/28/07. When I spoke to my lawyer, she said she can file another inquiry in august..because she says we have to wait for 6 months before we file another inquiry..
Just curious, whether you are doing anything different to follow up on this case...?
tattoo James Lafferty. May 18, 2011
trexx7
09-10 05:12 PM
I can sponsor a couple of T-shirts with generic sizes. Could you please let me know the address that can send them. Thanks
more...
pictures James Lafferty and Shantel
little_willy
08-08 06:07 PM
Did you try getting this info from IV tracker?
dresses James Lafferty - Cast of One
gparr
July 27th, 2005, 06:25 PM
Ajp, your too hard on yourself, I think your version turned out great. Gary, how about a psd version for the nikon users, although I may be wasting my time since you've several nice results from those who have posted.
Nik,
Ask and you shall receive. It's a 40 MB monster file. I took the RAW file and ran it through the PSCS RAW converter without altering it in any way, then saved as a psd file. Hope it's what you need.
Gary
http://www.gparr.com/images/gparrpsd.zip
Nik,
Ask and you shall receive. It's a 40 MB monster file. I took the RAW file and ran it through the PSCS RAW converter without altering it in any way, then saved as a psd file. Hope it's what you need.
Gary
http://www.gparr.com/images/gparrpsd.zip
more...
makeup Murray,James Lafferty
cecil1558
10-15 03:38 AM
Thank you for posting this enlightning article. I think some of it is very true, give it fifty years and oriental Asia will have become an even greater threat to the US� leadership, if not ended it completely. I�ve never looked into this, so I�m asking: Aren�t there different immigration rules that aren�t as strict when you actually study in America? And when you go study there, do you need immigration permission and does it take you this long to get it or what?
girlfriend James Lafferty as Nathan Scott
anemmani
01-04 10:11 AM
H1B is considered a dual intent visa and spouses of H1B beneficiaries have a difficulty proving non-immigrant intent that is required for F1. If the primary applicant has I-140 approved, it is even more difficult. As a result, my wife did not pursue the F1 option. Instead, she is enrolled in college as a H4 dependent. H4 dependents under certain circumstances are eligible for instate tuition. However, they are not eligible for teaching & research assistantships. They are also not eligible to OPT (because it is a form of employment.)
Nag
Nag
hairstyles james lafferty one tree hill.
CantLeaveAmerica
12-08 05:43 PM
by the way, I forgot to mention that I was in India when my GC was adjudicated on Oct 22.
At the immigration POE, I told the officer that my GC was granted while I was away. They took me to a room, I waited for 10 minutes, they checked on their system and later told me that I'm good to enter on GC. I looked at my passport where they had canceled my H1 visa and stamped LPR on the immigration stamp which stands for Legal Permanent Resident.
So, no probs returning to the U.S. I even took the liberty to stand in the GC/ citizen Q at the airport :D
At the immigration POE, I told the officer that my GC was granted while I was away. They took me to a room, I waited for 10 minutes, they checked on their system and later told me that I'm good to enter on GC. I looked at my passport where they had canceled my H1 visa and stamped LPR on the immigration stamp which stands for Legal Permanent Resident.
So, no probs returning to the U.S. I even took the liberty to stand in the GC/ citizen Q at the airport :D
man-woman-and-gc
03-10 10:48 AM
. I had the same. you should be getting an Interview at the local office soon(in one or two months time). They want to verify something regarding your case. In my case it was the missing vaccination document
Thankks for responding. Atleast now I know that my application is alive at USCIS.
Thankks for responding. Atleast now I know that my application is alive at USCIS.
ameryki
06-22 02:58 PM
Instead of entering (c)(09) on the EAD renewal form, I entered (c)(0)(9). Friends please let me know if this is going to cause any issue for my EAD application?
dont think this should be an issue mate...wait and watch
dont think this should be an issue mate...wait and watch