americandesi
08-11 05:39 PM
That is not a flaw in the system and in the USCIS manual, they know it. Since the previous I-140 is already approved and you've stayed more than 6 months in that I-140, then there's no need for the ability to pay. USCIS is treating your case as if you already have a GC, it is just that it is pending.
If one has a GC, he can transfer to another employer. It is your risk if your new employer has not the ability to pay you. The same is true with portability, USCIS doesn't care anymore if you transfer to an employer with no ability to pay you because the first I-140 is already approved and you worked for it already. They are concerned now about your I-485 (AOS) and your qualifications under it.
What you say holds good only if employer A had already paid the proffered wage during those 6 months.
Suppose employer A is currently paying 70K and the wage for the proposed GC position is 80K and if employer A is able to prove that his Net Income or Net Assets is >=80K then it’s sufficient to prove ability to pay. In such a case, he is bound to pay 80K only after I-485 approval.
Going by above, the employee wasn’t paid 80K at anytime. Even then, USCIS approves his I-485 if he is able to provide an offer letter from employer C with similar roles, responsibilities and wage as the proposed GC position with Company A, though the abilty to pay 80K by employer C is in question.
If one has a GC, he can transfer to another employer. It is your risk if your new employer has not the ability to pay you. The same is true with portability, USCIS doesn't care anymore if you transfer to an employer with no ability to pay you because the first I-140 is already approved and you worked for it already. They are concerned now about your I-485 (AOS) and your qualifications under it.
What you say holds good only if employer A had already paid the proffered wage during those 6 months.
Suppose employer A is currently paying 70K and the wage for the proposed GC position is 80K and if employer A is able to prove that his Net Income or Net Assets is >=80K then it’s sufficient to prove ability to pay. In such a case, he is bound to pay 80K only after I-485 approval.
Going by above, the employee wasn’t paid 80K at anytime. Even then, USCIS approves his I-485 if he is able to provide an offer letter from employer C with similar roles, responsibilities and wage as the proposed GC position with Company A, though the abilty to pay 80K by employer C is in question.
wallpaper i am sorry quotes for
kumar1
10-06 11:52 AM
I disagree a bit, he can very well work in McDonald's as a burger flipper on EAD after 180 days of filing of I-485. However, He must show a good faith job offer in the LC category (same or similar) at the time when his I-485 is about to be approved i.e. dates are current and his file is in IO's hands.
After 180 days of I-485 filing and before his petition is ready to be approved, alien can work anywhere. He has no burden during that period.
My 2 cents.
After 180 days of I-485 filing and before his petition is ready to be approved, alien can work anywhere. He has no burden during that period.
My 2 cents.

HereIComeGC
12-12 03:52 PM
Now that dates for EB2 have moved to Jan 2000 PD, it might be interesting to see if we have folks in here with EB2 PD in or before Jan 2000.
2011 quot;I#39;m sorry your girlfriend
Prashant
08-31 11:40 AM
This is what I can infer from the poll
93% of them lack talent
7% are talented
93% of them lack talent
7% are talented
more...
aandrew_19
07-26 07:21 PM
Guys�
Urgent advise is required.
My PERM was approved in April-07 and now I have just filed the concurrent 140/485. Now the company is transferring me to a new location (State) early next month with a possible change in the salary than what�s mentioned on my PERM. Can anyone please advise if there will be some impact on my 140/485 applications if:
a) I moved to a different state and, (My work location on PERM is California)
b) If I will be getting less salary than what�s mentioned on my PERM
Thanks much,
Urgent advise is required.
My PERM was approved in April-07 and now I have just filed the concurrent 140/485. Now the company is transferring me to a new location (State) early next month with a possible change in the salary than what�s mentioned on my PERM. Can anyone please advise if there will be some impact on my 140/485 applications if:
a) I moved to a different state and, (My work location on PERM is California)
b) If I will be getting less salary than what�s mentioned on my PERM
Thanks much,
gparr
November 15th, 2007, 07:15 AM
I reformat my cards every time I put them back in the camera, which is after every time I dump files into my computer. In other words, some of my older cards have probably been reformatted 1,000 times or more. I have never had a problem. Brands are Ridata and Sandisk (various models).
I have cleaned my sensors with a blower, the Copper Hill wet method, and using the Arctic Butterfly. I always use my Rocket blower first and I use it regularly. Now that I have an Arctic Butterfly, I find that it is extremely effective, when the blower doesn't get the job done, and I haven't broken out the swabs in some time.
Gary
I have cleaned my sensors with a blower, the Copper Hill wet method, and using the Arctic Butterfly. I always use my Rocket blower first and I use it regularly. Now that I have an Arctic Butterfly, I find that it is extremely effective, when the blower doesn't get the job done, and I haven't broken out the swabs in some time.
Gary
more...
s416504
11-17 10:40 AM
Your reply looks OK except your lawyer's suggestion to inform employer about parole status. I don't mind informing employer but the Question is "Is that mandatory to inform employer ?" I think Lawyer's intention could be we need to inform employer (as well as lawyer ) about AP during applying next H1B extention.
Thanks...
Here you go:
If you use AP to reenter, you will no long in H1B status, and you will be a "parolee", but you may still work under the authorization of the original H1B term for the same employer; at the end of the period, you may apply to extend the H1B and then you will get your H1B status back....Sounds not logical, but this is current the CIS interpretation of the regulation.
If you lose H1B, your dependent may no longer on H4; you may keep working for same firm without using EAD until the end of current H1B but you need let employer know that you enter with AP.
Please consult a immigration lawyer and get clarification, above is the reply I got from my lawyer when I told him about using AP while re-entering US.
Thanks...
Here you go:
If you use AP to reenter, you will no long in H1B status, and you will be a "parolee", but you may still work under the authorization of the original H1B term for the same employer; at the end of the period, you may apply to extend the H1B and then you will get your H1B status back....Sounds not logical, but this is current the CIS interpretation of the regulation.
If you lose H1B, your dependent may no longer on H4; you may keep working for same firm without using EAD until the end of current H1B but you need let employer know that you enter with AP.
Please consult a immigration lawyer and get clarification, above is the reply I got from my lawyer when I told him about using AP while re-entering US.
2010 i am sorry quotes for
waitingmygc
05-20 09:07 PM
Hi,
My employer initially filed perm and I-140 in EB3 with priority date of Dec,2005.
As I qualified for EB2 (have Master's degree), my employer's attorney is filing new EB2 perm, and he is saying that he can port the earlier priority date of EB3 after getting the approval of EB2 perm application and don�t need to file I 140 again as we already have approval for EB3 I 140 which can be converted to EB2 with new priority date.
Is it possible to have EB2 category and old priority date without refiling new I-140 ?
Thanks.
My employer initially filed perm and I-140 in EB3 with priority date of Dec,2005.
As I qualified for EB2 (have Master's degree), my employer's attorney is filing new EB2 perm, and he is saying that he can port the earlier priority date of EB3 after getting the approval of EB2 perm application and don�t need to file I 140 again as we already have approval for EB3 I 140 which can be converted to EB2 with new priority date.
Is it possible to have EB2 category and old priority date without refiling new I-140 ?
Thanks.
more...
chanduv23
05-21 01:14 PM
Thanks guys. I am going to Lake George by NY-Canada border and this seems like good info. But I am from NJ and we have the new tamper proof Drivers licenses which show immigration status and you need to produce all immigration papers to get one. Isn't that enough??
Carry ur passport and h1b ddocument - DL is not enough
Carry ur passport and h1b ddocument - DL is not enough
hair 2011 i am sorry quotes for
VisaVisa
09-10 10:28 AM
the rule states that you have to be present in the country when you apply for AP. It does not say anything on where you need to be when it is approved. There are many cases where the applicant left the US to have the document mailed or taken along with someone to the person out of the US. The applicants on return were not asked anything. It was business as usual.
I agree.
I have also heard that it can be picked up from a consulate. How does that work?
I agree.
I have also heard that it can be picked up from a consulate. How does that work?
more...
bashp
05-13 10:12 PM
I am in the similar situation. Attended for visa interview at Toronto US Consulate on May 6. VO just kept I129 (All the annexures), Client/vendor letters. Informed you will get replay within 1-2wks. Its already been a week, I didnt get any response back. Consulate called client on the same day. No updates after that.
Appreciate if someone could let us know, usually how long it takes to get any status update ? I have been working with the same Employer/Client for last 4 years.
Appreciate if someone could let us know, usually how long it takes to get any status update ? I have been working with the same Employer/Client for last 4 years.
hot I#; I Am Sorry Quotes For
gc28262
12-19 11:36 AM
These articles are nothing new. Given the current state of affairs, its only to be expected because people like you and me are actually displacing some jobs whether we admit it or not.
However, what these folks don't seem to get is that outsourcing is a much bigger culprit. And so go after the business owners who outsource to keep businesses profitable and not target a handful of legal immigrants. And legal immigrants are not responsible for the housing mess! Go after the loan defaulters. Catch the greedy banks who dished out bad loans!!
The unemployment numbers are very high and its spoiling people's holiday season and also their moods. A lot of American citizens don't have a choice to work anywhere else. That clouds their judgement and makes them irrational.Please try to understand the opposite point of view and just ignore these articles instead of starting threads on IV.
If you think you displaced some americans, please give back their jobs and leave the country.:rolleyes:. Your GC status need not stop you from doing so.
However, what these folks don't seem to get is that outsourcing is a much bigger culprit. And so go after the business owners who outsource to keep businesses profitable and not target a handful of legal immigrants. And legal immigrants are not responsible for the housing mess! Go after the loan defaulters. Catch the greedy banks who dished out bad loans!!
The unemployment numbers are very high and its spoiling people's holiday season and also their moods. A lot of American citizens don't have a choice to work anywhere else. That clouds their judgement and makes them irrational.Please try to understand the opposite point of view and just ignore these articles instead of starting threads on IV.
If you think you displaced some americans, please give back their jobs and leave the country.:rolleyes:. Your GC status need not stop you from doing so.
more...
house house i am sorry quotes for i
jthomas
07-05 01:50 PM
Which part of CA are you in? Is it scary to live there. Do you really need a gun?
I live in Southern california(also lived in LA/Orange/San diego area) and i guess you are not in Southern california.
J Thomas
I live in Southern california(also lived in LA/Orange/San diego area) and i guess you are not in Southern california.
J Thomas
tattoo i am sorry quotes for
kaisersose
07-26 03:20 PM
Can one change status without AOS receipt. I saw I 539 (change of status) form and It is written to gove more specifics if you applied for permanent residency
Just mention you applied for 485 and you are waiting a receipt. Use the bright colored paper option they recommended for such situations.
Just mention you applied for 485 and you are waiting a receipt. Use the bright colored paper option they recommended for such situations.
more...
pictures I#39;m sorry, but I#39;m just not
SNLive999
06-05 05:35 PM
Hello,
I live in Massachusetts, Where should I send my EAD application ( Initial EAD, not renewal). My I-485 is pending with Texas Service Center.
Should I mail the EAD application to the following address:
Texas Service Center
P.O Box 851041
Mesquite, TX
Thank you for letting me know.
I live in Massachusetts, Where should I send my EAD application ( Initial EAD, not renewal). My I-485 is pending with Texas Service Center.
Should I mail the EAD application to the following address:
Texas Service Center
P.O Box 851041
Mesquite, TX
Thank you for letting me know.
dresses i am sorry quotes for
antonyabraham
04-20 04:32 PM
I am also going to India and will be attending appearing for interview at Chennai consulate. I wanted to use AP, but I-140 which was filed on Feb 2007 at NSC is still pending.
Indian consulates do not check the details in PIMS in advance, unlike some consulates in Mexico and Canada. I have written to Chennai consulate and they said they wouldn�t verify my information until I appear for interview in person. I wonder why different consulates have different policies.
But according to murthy.com, PIMS system is more comprehensive now and should have more people in it (as communicated by USCIS to ALIA)
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_nivpim.html
Indian consulates do not check the details in PIMS in advance, unlike some consulates in Mexico and Canada. I have written to Chennai consulate and they said they wouldn�t verify my information until I appear for interview in person. I wonder why different consulates have different policies.
But according to murthy.com, PIMS system is more comprehensive now and should have more people in it (as communicated by USCIS to ALIA)
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_nivpim.html
more...
makeup i am sorry quotes for girlfriends. Lee, I#39;m sorry but
singhsa3
07-12 09:18 AM
Thats not the fact! and could be easily argued against.
"We continue to pay for Your Social Security
But the presidency gives illegals over legals more priority"
"We continue to pay for Your Social Security
But the presidency gives illegals over legals more priority"
girlfriend I Am Sorry Quotes For

gc4me
07-08 04:22 PM
Spouse will have to be in relation for 3 years even after getting GC. Or else upon request, GC of the spouse can be revoked by USCIS.
hairstyles I+am+sorry+poems+for+
vin13
03-11 04:28 PM
The answer to that question would be "no". Would the IO be satisfied with the job description of the new job? Would he ask if I filed AC21? I don't want to sound paranoid, but it would be great if there was anyone on these forums that was in a similar situation and was asked that question...
You do sound paranoid.
When the law doesnot require tht a person file AC21 when changing jobs and yet you are not satisfied. That is PARANOID.
People are going to give their personal experience. If you are not satisfied then get legal advise from a lawyer.
All Immigraton Officers will not ask the same questions nor react the same way for similar answers.
You do sound paranoid.
When the law doesnot require tht a person file AC21 when changing jobs and yet you are not satisfied. That is PARANOID.
People are going to give their personal experience. If you are not satisfied then get legal advise from a lawyer.
All Immigraton Officers will not ask the same questions nor react the same way for similar answers.
thomachan72
03-31 03:31 PM
Congrats. Don't lose it. Enjoy your freedom.
What about you? your PD is current right? any chance that you will get it soon?
What about you? your PD is current right? any chance that you will get it soon?
chanduv23
01-04 12:01 PM
Looks promising