eric_n_dfw
Apr 8, 09:12 AM
And, somebody, PLEASE license LEMMINGS.
That would be awesome.
That would be awesome.
kustardking
Mar 22, 12:47 PM
1) Never work with a friend of a friend.
2) Never work for free.
3) Never work for a start up business UNLESS it has a larger group behind it (Public/private equity group, blue chip client with a new business, etc.. is ok).
4) Never do work for a religious organisation (seriously not a good idea). Or for that matter a union...
5) If you lie with dogs you'll get fle<b>a</b>s. Never work on a project you wouldn't want other clients seeing as a client of yours on your Portfolio.
6) Never work with a company where they can't speak your native language... Cheque time comes and "miso soli me no undastandy".
7) Be choosy about who you want to work with. Talented designers will always find work while talentless designers wont.
[8] I found in experience if you price yourself a certain way you tend to loose the "bottom feeding clients" as I like to call them. It also means the people who take up the service generally understand the price positioning thus have an idea of intrinsic value assigned to it.

The Ford GT40 is the car that

A pair of Ford GT40#39;s
more...

Ford GT40 Mark IV 1967 LeMans

Ford GT40 Pictures
more...

Ford GT40 001 wallpaper

iPhone Shelby GT wallpapers
more...

Gt40 middot; 518 X 335 - ford

Ford GT40 Wallpapers and
more...

Ford Gt40

640 X 480 - GT / FORD
more...

Ford GT40 Desktop Wallpaper

1969 Ford GT-40 Wallpaper
more...

Exotic Ford GT40

Ford GT40 026 wallpaper
more...

Ford GT40 Wallpapers and

1966-Ford-GT40-MKII-1.JPG

Ford GT Wallpapers
2) Never work for free.
3) Never work for a start up business UNLESS it has a larger group behind it (Public/private equity group, blue chip client with a new business, etc.. is ok).
4) Never do work for a religious organisation (seriously not a good idea). Or for that matter a union...
5) If you lie with dogs you'll get fle<b>a</b>s. Never work on a project you wouldn't want other clients seeing as a client of yours on your Portfolio.
6) Never work with a company where they can't speak your native language... Cheque time comes and "miso soli me no undastandy".
7) Be choosy about who you want to work with. Talented designers will always find work while talentless designers wont.
[8] I found in experience if you price yourself a certain way you tend to loose the "bottom feeding clients" as I like to call them. It also means the people who take up the service generally understand the price positioning thus have an idea of intrinsic value assigned to it.
Phifer784
Oct 18, 10:27 PM
Im excited!
lewis82
Dec 3, 08:23 PM
262780
I just changed mine. Source: http://46.59.1.2/
I just changed mine. Source: http://46.59.1.2/
more...
phillymjs
Oct 3, 08:51 PM
One of my clients is a huge, global corporation (that shall remain nameless), and they use Notes. I only support a smallish design department that uses Macs, and I quickly learned to loathe Notes.
Allow me to quote a rant I wrote about it on 10/8/02, after coming home from a long day of battling Notes issues at that client:
"Lotus Notes [6.0] for the Mac is a turd that they just keep trying to polish. Whoo hoo, it's finally Carbonized and sports the Aqua interface-- that's like putting a fresh coat of paint on an outhouse. This is the most half-assed Mac port of a Windows app since Microsoft Word 6-- scads of 8.3-named library files, a terribly unMaclike interface that is possibly the worst mangling of the 'web browser' metaphor that I have ever seen, and a complete inability to accommodate more than one user per machine, even on a multi-user based OS like Mac OS X. You'd think a company like IBM could actually assemble a team of competent Mac programmers, but judging by the quality of Notes for the Mac, they can't. Memo to IBM/Lotus: Half-assed Mac support is worse than none at all. Rebuild Notes [for the Mac] from scratch, or take it out back and shoot it. It makes Outlook/Exchange look like paradise, even with all the security and virus problems."
That client is now using 6.5.4, and I still hate it. Four years later, and it *still* wants to put the user data folder inside the Notes application folder by default when you install! Last week I ran Migration Assistant to move someone's data back to a PowerBook that had returned from being serviced, and Notes got messed up somehow. It was set to spellcheck all outgoing messages automatically, but lost the location of its dictionary. How do you think Notes would handle that? Just inform the user, "I can't spellcheck, but would you like me send out the message anyway?", right? Wrong! It wouldn't let the user send any mail at all, until I remoted in and disabled the spellcheck entirely. When I was back on site today, I had to reinstall Notes on her machine to fix it.
Which brings us to the problem of support. The only solution I can find for 99% of Notes issues on the Mac is to just reinstall the damned thing.
I could keep on going, but you get the picture.... Notes is a godawful abortion of a software program, and I would lead a much happier life if I didn't have to deal with it. IBM claims they want to improve it? Well they've certainly got their work cut out for them, don't they?
~Philly
Allow me to quote a rant I wrote about it on 10/8/02, after coming home from a long day of battling Notes issues at that client:
"Lotus Notes [6.0] for the Mac is a turd that they just keep trying to polish. Whoo hoo, it's finally Carbonized and sports the Aqua interface-- that's like putting a fresh coat of paint on an outhouse. This is the most half-assed Mac port of a Windows app since Microsoft Word 6-- scads of 8.3-named library files, a terribly unMaclike interface that is possibly the worst mangling of the 'web browser' metaphor that I have ever seen, and a complete inability to accommodate more than one user per machine, even on a multi-user based OS like Mac OS X. You'd think a company like IBM could actually assemble a team of competent Mac programmers, but judging by the quality of Notes for the Mac, they can't. Memo to IBM/Lotus: Half-assed Mac support is worse than none at all. Rebuild Notes [for the Mac] from scratch, or take it out back and shoot it. It makes Outlook/Exchange look like paradise, even with all the security and virus problems."
That client is now using 6.5.4, and I still hate it. Four years later, and it *still* wants to put the user data folder inside the Notes application folder by default when you install! Last week I ran Migration Assistant to move someone's data back to a PowerBook that had returned from being serviced, and Notes got messed up somehow. It was set to spellcheck all outgoing messages automatically, but lost the location of its dictionary. How do you think Notes would handle that? Just inform the user, "I can't spellcheck, but would you like me send out the message anyway?", right? Wrong! It wouldn't let the user send any mail at all, until I remoted in and disabled the spellcheck entirely. When I was back on site today, I had to reinstall Notes on her machine to fix it.
Which brings us to the problem of support. The only solution I can find for 99% of Notes issues on the Mac is to just reinstall the damned thing.
I could keep on going, but you get the picture.... Notes is a godawful abortion of a software program, and I would lead a much happier life if I didn't have to deal with it. IBM claims they want to improve it? Well they've certainly got their work cut out for them, don't they?
~Philly
Gibsonsoup
Sep 3, 01:36 PM
here's mine, my first post in this thread
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/3543/deskscreenshot.png
http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/3543/deskscreenshot.png
more...
iphone1105
Dec 15, 03:42 PM
Only been one release, so we cant tell they cant tell the release cycle to predict yet
mms
Nov 30, 01:17 AM
Skimming through the thread, is it just me or did nobody mention SubEthaEdit?!?!?! Greatest free text editor ever (it would be IMO the best except for BBEdit) especially for web design. Can't live without it. Even though commercial license is paid, personal license is free and unrestricted. Cool new stuff in 2.1 just released about two weeks ago. Collaborating over Rendezvous is ingenious.
http://codingmonkeys.de/subethaedit
http://codingmonkeys.de/subethaedit
more...
Evilphil
May 5, 09:10 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)
I'm just curious, who would be interested in purchasing silver replacement keys for their unibody MacBooks and apple keyboards?
If anyone is interested please reply to this thread stating that you would LOVE silver keys and how much you'd be willing to spend on a full set of keys.
Thanks
I'm just curious, who would be interested in purchasing silver replacement keys for their unibody MacBooks and apple keyboards?
If anyone is interested please reply to this thread stating that you would LOVE silver keys and how much you'd be willing to spend on a full set of keys.
Thanks
scb02
Feb 8, 03:26 PM
http://idisk.mac.com/txwhitehouse//Public/feb2011.png
Link (http://architecture.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/577432/)
Love this wallpaper. The link however seams to be for a diffrent version.
Do you have this version?
Thanks
Link (http://architecture.desktopnexus.com/wallpaper/577432/)
Love this wallpaper. The link however seams to be for a diffrent version.
Do you have this version?
Thanks
more...
Lord Blackadder
Jan 10, 04:04 PM
Volkswagen has taken a new direction with the design of their Passat.
Whereas most automakers are putting more thought into bringing more and better small cars to the market these days, Volkswagen is making their new Passat bigger and a lot cheaper. (http://jalopnik.com/5729079/the-2011-volkswagen-passat-less-wagen-more-volk)
The engine choices remain good, especially the rare diesel option, but how are they going to shave $7000 off the base price of the Passat AND make it larger without turning it into just another Camry/Malibu/Taurus/Impala/Accord soulless bore-fest McSedan?
Volkswagen's following in the US is built on buyers looking for a more European-flavored car. Volkswagen, however, now seem intent on making their lineup more "American". This seems sure to alienate Volkswagen's core buyers in the US.
Whereas most automakers are putting more thought into bringing more and better small cars to the market these days, Volkswagen is making their new Passat bigger and a lot cheaper. (http://jalopnik.com/5729079/the-2011-volkswagen-passat-less-wagen-more-volk)
The engine choices remain good, especially the rare diesel option, but how are they going to shave $7000 off the base price of the Passat AND make it larger without turning it into just another Camry/Malibu/Taurus/Impala/Accord soulless bore-fest McSedan?
Volkswagen's following in the US is built on buyers looking for a more European-flavored car. Volkswagen, however, now seem intent on making their lineup more "American". This seems sure to alienate Volkswagen's core buyers in the US.
JeremyWesley
Apr 4, 11:39 AM
This site doesn't mention a 8 GB 3GS but its clear from the apple store that the product does exist.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3939
Sounds like someone needs to update this at apple.
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3939
Sounds like someone needs to update this at apple.
more...
Appmaniac
Feb 22, 07:12 AM
Nike+ GPS
http://www.appsqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/Nike-200x300.png
http://www.appsqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/Nike-200x300.png
rezenclowd3
Dec 3, 02:50 AM
My current 2 wallpapers on both my Moto Droid and MBP:
http://www.formula1racing.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/f1-ferrari-shredded-tire.jpg
http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2005/2005-Orca-C113-Prototype-Engine-1280x960.jpg
http://www.formula1racing.info/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/f1-ferrari-shredded-tire.jpg
http://www.seriouswheels.com/pics-2005/2005-Orca-C113-Prototype-Engine-1280x960.jpg
more...
DevHound
Apr 27, 04:57 PM
yawn. how many more stories about this stupid "location tracking".
There's nothing stupid about this. Its a huge privacy violation to have your locations constantly tracked without your consent, even if the data is not used directly by Apple. This easily accessed location data on your phone was already widely known and used by police agencies since last year according to several articles, so you can just imagine what it is like for someone in a police state to have all their locations for the past year easily accessed when they are arrested. That's not to mention spying or abusive spouses, industrial espionage, and many other reasons to want to maintain some confidentiality.
The fact that Apple only bothered to care about this or look into it after it became a media storm shows that there is a simple lack of privacy controls and concern about privacy at the company.
There's nothing stupid about this. Its a huge privacy violation to have your locations constantly tracked without your consent, even if the data is not used directly by Apple. This easily accessed location data on your phone was already widely known and used by police agencies since last year according to several articles, so you can just imagine what it is like for someone in a police state to have all their locations for the past year easily accessed when they are arrested. That's not to mention spying or abusive spouses, industrial espionage, and many other reasons to want to maintain some confidentiality.
The fact that Apple only bothered to care about this or look into it after it became a media storm shows that there is a simple lack of privacy controls and concern about privacy at the company.
GGJstudios
Dec 22, 09:28 AM
Like this:
264949
264949
more...
Scarlet Fever
Oct 5, 05:55 PM
Tabbed Browsing Enhancements
Following the lead of other browsers, Apple has implemented a customizable tab-bar so that users can re-order tabs via drag-and-drop. Apple has also extended the concept to be able to make a window from a tab by dragging a tab off of the tab bar.sounds like the tabbing feature that is built into Adium!
Following the lead of other browsers, Apple has implemented a customizable tab-bar so that users can re-order tabs via drag-and-drop. Apple has also extended the concept to be able to make a window from a tab by dragging a tab off of the tab bar.sounds like the tabbing feature that is built into Adium!
rmhop81
Apr 25, 08:48 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)
Have people maybe stoped to think, that we may not get a new model this year? That the reason they are putting out the white model now, is to cover the fact we won't see a update till next year?
this is apple.....they don't care as long as their wallet gets thicker.
they could launch this in a few days, then come out with an iphone 5 in June. They don't care....people will buy from them regardless
Have people maybe stoped to think, that we may not get a new model this year? That the reason they are putting out the white model now, is to cover the fact we won't see a update till next year?
this is apple.....they don't care as long as their wallet gets thicker.
they could launch this in a few days, then come out with an iphone 5 in June. They don't care....people will buy from them regardless
Crager724
Dec 16, 03:47 PM
Here is my first attempt at making an avatar with Gimp.
MistaBungle
Oct 5, 11:40 PM
I wouldn't be surprised to see Leopard ship at Macworld, to beat Vista to the stores and undercut them once more. Will Jobs do it?
Lord Blackadder
Mar 16, 06:03 PM
And you're only argument is "it's wrong".
Remind us all why murder is a crime in the first place?
Remind us all why murder is a crime in the first place?
Taustin Powers
Dec 22, 02:28 AM
I find your ideas compelling and would like to subscribe to your newsletter!
phalseHUD
May 1, 07:58 AM
No, but I think the word 'me' does have negative connotations such as narcissism and self centeredness. That is my beef with it. The last word I want someone to associate with my name is 'me'.
I agree. I wish I could have kept hold of my old mac.com address but alas I was getting so much spam and crap I terminated my account and set up a new one. Have my own domain with webmail and mail forwarding so I don't have to use me.com professionally.
I agree. I wish I could have kept hold of my old mac.com address but alas I was getting so much spam and crap I terminated my account and set up a new one. Have my own domain with webmail and mail forwarding so I don't have to use me.com professionally.
Reach9
Mar 26, 01:20 AM
Hoping to see this in iOS 5.2 :p