rhett7660
Apr 22, 10:15 AM
Boy I can't wait to see this used on some of the posts by certain members. This is going to be down right comical. Nothing like seeing a -54 on a post. :D
Al Coholic
May 4, 09:02 AM
Anyone know what's the app being used in the "to a CEO" part?
It's called, "Calculate My Year End Bonus". (App Store - 99 cents)
And I'll buy one when it comes with...
I'll buy one when it does something useful - like run an unhindered version of OSX or it can recognize handwriting.
You're getting negative votes on your post just because people here know that Apple will never do that, but I think I have to agree with you. I mean I own the iPad 1 now and love it, but I'd love it even more if I could write on it with a pen.
And you're getting negative votes because you agree with somebody who is getting negative votes. :D The iDrones here are all of the same mind. They walk around with that glazed look in their eyes and just blink at you when somebody who has a need suggests it be incorporated into the function of the iPad. I've learned that most Apple lemmings here are predictable and boring.
The iPad needs handwriting tech. It's a logical and natural desire/wish. Why would anyone NOT want that? Especially if Apple insists on showing that stupid baby ultrasound over� and over� I don't know any medical staff that actually uses one on the job. You simply can't input information on the thing while on the go and holding it in your other hand. (I actually don't know anyone that uses the iPad except from a comfy chair or couch).
Apple is still waiting for the market to figure out where this thing belongs. So far it looks like it's ideal for toddlers, facebookers and tweeters. Wake me when it can actually do something to save me time so I can pass that along to my family, friends and other more important things.
It's called, "Calculate My Year End Bonus". (App Store - 99 cents)
And I'll buy one when it comes with...
I'll buy one when it does something useful - like run an unhindered version of OSX or it can recognize handwriting.
You're getting negative votes on your post just because people here know that Apple will never do that, but I think I have to agree with you. I mean I own the iPad 1 now and love it, but I'd love it even more if I could write on it with a pen.
And you're getting negative votes because you agree with somebody who is getting negative votes. :D The iDrones here are all of the same mind. They walk around with that glazed look in their eyes and just blink at you when somebody who has a need suggests it be incorporated into the function of the iPad. I've learned that most Apple lemmings here are predictable and boring.
The iPad needs handwriting tech. It's a logical and natural desire/wish. Why would anyone NOT want that? Especially if Apple insists on showing that stupid baby ultrasound over� and over� I don't know any medical staff that actually uses one on the job. You simply can't input information on the thing while on the go and holding it in your other hand. (I actually don't know anyone that uses the iPad except from a comfy chair or couch).
Apple is still waiting for the market to figure out where this thing belongs. So far it looks like it's ideal for toddlers, facebookers and tweeters. Wake me when it can actually do something to save me time so I can pass that along to my family, friends and other more important things.

smugDrew
Apr 12, 03:48 AM
Windows 8?!! :rolleyes: it's not even at Beta stage. More useless transparencies and now with extra fat Ribbon UI boobery. How exciting.
OS X Lion - if you're a Dev you shouldn't be talking about it...
OS X Lion - if you're a Dev you shouldn't be talking about it...
gorgeousninja
Apr 17, 06:24 AM
Everything on the original iPhone was already in use by other phones. Apple simply combined them all together in one phone and made it simpler to use. It revolutionized yeah, by simply bringing that stuff to the front of peoples minds.
oh so they just 'brought all those things together, and made it easier to use'..
Isn't that just a very ungracious way of saying that Apple introduced a phone the like of which no-one had seen before and thus revolutionized the market then?
oh so they just 'brought all those things together, and made it easier to use'..
Isn't that just a very ungracious way of saying that Apple introduced a phone the like of which no-one had seen before and thus revolutionized the market then?
more...
holder10
Apr 25, 12:28 PM
Did anyone else notice the apparent lack of a search icon next to the homescreen page indicator?
It does kinda remind me of this: http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/19/video-of-64-gb-white-iphone-4-running-old-test-ios-4-build-with-expose/
This was proven to be an older build of iOS4 though, so I'm not sure what to make out of it. :/
It does kinda remind me of this: http://www.macrumors.com/2011/04/19/video-of-64-gb-white-iphone-4-running-old-test-ios-4-build-with-expose/
This was proven to be an older build of iOS4 though, so I'm not sure what to make out of it. :/
citizenzen
Apr 17, 12:49 PM
Does it really matter if somebody were gay?
Sometimes it would if their gayness was a significant part of their story, as it was in Alan Turing's case.
However, the event that will put homosexuality firmly in the annals of history will be the legalization of gay marriage.
Major social changes like that are hard to ignore.
Sometimes it would if their gayness was a significant part of their story, as it was in Alan Turing's case.
However, the event that will put homosexuality firmly in the annals of history will be the legalization of gay marriage.
Major social changes like that are hard to ignore.
more...
Ygn
Nov 8, 02:03 PM
I'm worried about getting banned for getting it (a few hours) early.
I was on multiplayer earlier, you'd be surprised at how many thousands of people are already on it, via pre-orders I assume and different timezones judging by the different accents people had.
I was on multiplayer earlier, you'd be surprised at how many thousands of people are already on it, via pre-orders I assume and different timezones judging by the different accents people had.
ipodtoucher
Apr 11, 12:36 PM
I purchased a stay at this Castle. I hope the wife likes it.
I'm reminded of Little Britain hahahaha "Maybe I did and Maybe I didn't"
http://dild.net/files/thumbnails/Little_Britain_-_Scottish_Hotel__3.jpg
I'm reminded of Little Britain hahahaha "Maybe I did and Maybe I didn't"
http://dild.net/files/thumbnails/Little_Britain_-_Scottish_Hotel__3.jpg
more...

twoodcc
Oct 19, 09:55 AM
Always a good sign!
yes it is! great news for Apple. I'm excited :D
yes it is! great news for Apple. I'm excited :D
goMac
May 3, 03:12 PM
1. Root
2. XDA Forum
3. Side load
4. ???
5. Winning.
At that point, why not use a jailbroken iPhone?
Android kind of loses it charm.
2. XDA Forum
3. Side load
4. ???
5. Winning.
At that point, why not use a jailbroken iPhone?
Android kind of loses it charm.
more...
Warbrain
Sep 12, 08:46 AM
2. New iPods. Wide-screen iPod with 720x480 resolution, perfect for wide-screen DVD quality movies. Touch interface. New Nano's, all-metal casing, 4 colors, up to 8GB. All available starting today.
Probably not. They'll release new nanos after the student rebate is over.
Probably not. They'll release new nanos after the student rebate is over.
clintob
Oct 11, 12:09 PM
I'm not sure I understand the people who (a) don't believe this is coming soon, or (b) don't believe it's coming at all because "people won't use it - it's too small." That's garbage.
Not everything Apple releases has to be an "earth shattering" revolution. Some stuff can just have a niche market and be better than what's out there. They're in it to make money first and foremost. And frankly, if people could carry an iPod-sized object, with wireless headphones, and that could play widescreen movies on a 4" or so screen (AND, oh by the way, carry their iTunes library to boot), it would be the death of the portable DVD player.
No, that's not a huge market, or a cash cow by any means. Nor is it a revolutionary product. But at the end of the day, it's pretty damned cool which means most of us will buy it (despite our attempts not to), and it's certainly another cha-ching to add to the list for Apple.
Not everything Apple releases has to be an "earth shattering" revolution. Some stuff can just have a niche market and be better than what's out there. They're in it to make money first and foremost. And frankly, if people could carry an iPod-sized object, with wireless headphones, and that could play widescreen movies on a 4" or so screen (AND, oh by the way, carry their iTunes library to boot), it would be the death of the portable DVD player.
No, that's not a huge market, or a cash cow by any means. Nor is it a revolutionary product. But at the end of the day, it's pretty damned cool which means most of us will buy it (despite our attempts not to), and it's certainly another cha-ching to add to the list for Apple.
more...
AP_piano295
Apr 25, 02:36 PM
my question is what would you have McDonalds employees do.
You are asking teenagers to get involved in a fight and try to break it up.
Not really something you expect the average person of the street to do why should teenagers working and McDonalds be any different.
Heck most of the time betting/ fights are over before the brain finishes processing "Is that really happening?" followed by "Should I do anything?" Most of the time they get stuck in an endless loop of not sure what to do and the fight or flight responses takes over.
While the people doing the beating deserve to rot in jail at the same time I would not expect the employees to do anything other than really call the cops. This is one would you expect a person of the street to do something other than really call the cops and it is still over by the time the above loop is completed.
Well I don't know about you but if I saw someone beating the **** out of someone else while I'm working I would certainly get involved. And I would expect the same consideration from others.
If your employed somewhere part of your job is keeping the peace.
You are asking teenagers to get involved in a fight and try to break it up.
Not really something you expect the average person of the street to do why should teenagers working and McDonalds be any different.
Heck most of the time betting/ fights are over before the brain finishes processing "Is that really happening?" followed by "Should I do anything?" Most of the time they get stuck in an endless loop of not sure what to do and the fight or flight responses takes over.
While the people doing the beating deserve to rot in jail at the same time I would not expect the employees to do anything other than really call the cops. This is one would you expect a person of the street to do something other than really call the cops and it is still over by the time the above loop is completed.
Well I don't know about you but if I saw someone beating the **** out of someone else while I'm working I would certainly get involved. And I would expect the same consideration from others.
If your employed somewhere part of your job is keeping the peace.
Rodimus Prime
Apr 24, 03:06 PM
It might be. But A lot of tech companies out there are very, very averse to risk and are slow to change.
then why does Apple keep terminal which is nothing more than Apple version of command prompt.
Command prompt IT like it because it is simple and straight forward in getting things done they want/need to get done. No special eye candy to jump threw. It does its job. It is not exactly meant to super user friendly to use as those tools are not meant for most people to use in daily lives and if it was put to eye candy it would clutter up menus and make it harder for the average person.
Example of things I use cmd for is when I am testing or creating java programs. It is heck of a lot easier to do javac *****.java followed by java *** to run it.
Or if I just want some basic text or basic output to see if said program is working cmd is just plain better for it. Hell of a lot easier to program output on there than it is to created a gui window and I have to import less crap.
It is not like it is something that would be put in a final product but is much better for testing and programing phases. Also do not forget a lot of tools/ programs do not have any out put so you access threw command prompt.
I know apple terminal is more or less the exact same damn thing.
People who say get read of cmd or terminal to me complete prove they do not understand computers/programing at all. All they understand is a how to point and click and use a computer designed for dummies. cmd is not something a majority of people need but any higher level IT/programing it is a very good tool that should not go away.
then why does Apple keep terminal which is nothing more than Apple version of command prompt.
Command prompt IT like it because it is simple and straight forward in getting things done they want/need to get done. No special eye candy to jump threw. It does its job. It is not exactly meant to super user friendly to use as those tools are not meant for most people to use in daily lives and if it was put to eye candy it would clutter up menus and make it harder for the average person.
Example of things I use cmd for is when I am testing or creating java programs. It is heck of a lot easier to do javac *****.java followed by java *** to run it.
Or if I just want some basic text or basic output to see if said program is working cmd is just plain better for it. Hell of a lot easier to program output on there than it is to created a gui window and I have to import less crap.
It is not like it is something that would be put in a final product but is much better for testing and programing phases. Also do not forget a lot of tools/ programs do not have any out put so you access threw command prompt.
I know apple terminal is more or less the exact same damn thing.
People who say get read of cmd or terminal to me complete prove they do not understand computers/programing at all. All they understand is a how to point and click and use a computer designed for dummies. cmd is not something a majority of people need but any higher level IT/programing it is a very good tool that should not go away.
more...
pmz
Apr 15, 10:54 PM
Whether or not Apple moves ahead on this particular design, I have no way of knowing.
Whether or not the pictures are real, and of a real case, I'm sure they are. I spend a ton of time working in China developing other types of products. I take pictures (sometimes as crappy as these) every time I'm over here.
My money is that they are real.
Real what? Real fakes? Yes they are real fakes.
Whether or not the pictures are real, and of a real case, I'm sure they are. I spend a ton of time working in China developing other types of products. I take pictures (sometimes as crappy as these) every time I'm over here.
My money is that they are real.
Real what? Real fakes? Yes they are real fakes.
steelfist
Nov 25, 07:22 AM
i love discount days. apple should do this more often have a longer time period. discount day and more negatives than positives? this is insane.
hope there's a good discount at christmas and valentine's day
hope there's a good discount at christmas and valentine's day
more...
balamw
Oct 2, 04:46 PM
perhaps true... but depends on how it works. if it's just tied to an email address, if they can encode that same email address into the files, it would probably work. Alternatively, it could also mean that someone could come out with a non-iTunes media player that doesn't validate against a server.
Maybe they should just work with Rockbox and make a third party firmware that opens up the iPod to a new open DRM and forget Fairplay compatibility...
(Note, like the Airport Express, the iTV may be an easier nut to crack than iPod+iTunes).
B
Maybe they should just work with Rockbox and make a third party firmware that opens up the iPod to a new open DRM and forget Fairplay compatibility...
(Note, like the Airport Express, the iTV may be an easier nut to crack than iPod+iTunes).
B
applefanDrew
Apr 25, 12:00 PM
Doesn't the status bar look taller? I remember a thread on here talking about how they overheard engineers discussing iOS 5 and that was one of the things that would be different. It was going to allow for an SBSettings type of thing and maybe a place for notifications to scroll? Anyways, cool. But I think this is fake.

takao
Jan 12, 10:22 AM
The bloody thing is not even released yet and you are already an expert? Give me a break.
the iphone not being out makes it even worse
especially for the european market where it's still 1 year away and you can get UMTS phones _today_ .etc
can you download music from itms on your iphone ?
one provider here offers such a service except that you pay 1 buck for the phone and the contract is somewhere around 25 or so per month ( 0cent per minute into 4 networks) but you get the top 40 charts for free every month or something like that
1 year is a lot in the mobile phone business
edit: oh and i just found the W850i and it _has_ a 2mp camera around here (but only 1 GB)
but it only costs _3_ bucks with a contract
the iphone not being out makes it even worse
especially for the european market where it's still 1 year away and you can get UMTS phones _today_ .etc
can you download music from itms on your iphone ?
one provider here offers such a service except that you pay 1 buck for the phone and the contract is somewhere around 25 or so per month ( 0cent per minute into 4 networks) but you get the top 40 charts for free every month or something like that
1 year is a lot in the mobile phone business
edit: oh and i just found the W850i and it _has_ a 2mp camera around here (but only 1 GB)
but it only costs _3_ bucks with a contract
tarasis
Apr 5, 03:47 PM
Not yet in the German app store, curious if it will appear there.
BRLawyer
Oct 3, 06:40 AM
Hello "lawyer". No legal permission is required for reverse engineering.
Really? Which jurisdiction you talk from? And what kind of IPR are we considering here? Have ya ever heard of the DMCA, which forbids reverse engineering except for very limited purposes?
If you don't really know legal issues, please spare us from such glib comments.
Really? Which jurisdiction you talk from? And what kind of IPR are we considering here? Have ya ever heard of the DMCA, which forbids reverse engineering except for very limited purposes?
If you don't really know legal issues, please spare us from such glib comments.
Sweetfeld28
Oct 18, 10:24 AM
Personally, i don't think this format war is very worth while to begin with. I mean Blu-Ray does seem to be the leading format, but i think i will rather wait for this Hybrid Disc to come out that uses the same Red laser that our burners already have:
Versatile Multilayer Disc [VMD] (http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/26/hd-dvd-blu-ray-and-dvd-all-in-one-disc-draws-closer/)
ryan
Versatile Multilayer Disc [VMD] (http://www.engadget.com/2006/09/26/hd-dvd-blu-ray-and-dvd-all-in-one-disc-draws-closer/)
ryan
ranviper
Apr 9, 10:56 AM
http://www.gamesload.no/images/products/Ubisoft/AssassinsCreed_Brotherhood_EN_140.gif
PC Deluxe Edition. Amazing game.
As well as my 750GB Scorpio Black 7200 RPM
http://eshop.macsales.com/imgs/ndesc/owc_express_enclosure/prod_owc-express_diy_slv.jpg
PC Deluxe Edition. Amazing game.
As well as my 750GB Scorpio Black 7200 RPM
http://eshop.macsales.com/imgs/ndesc/owc_express_enclosure/prod_owc-express_diy_slv.jpg
treblah
Sep 7, 11:52 PM
I was again expecting John Mayer being a huge Apple fan boy and all. I bet he reads MacRumors when he's not hooking up with Hollywood starlets and hanging out with rappers. ;)
P.S. Kanye West is a no talent ass-clown but at least he is trying to do something positive by calling Bush out.
P.S. Kanye West is a no talent ass-clown but at least he is trying to do something positive by calling Bush out.