
According to him:
"Every year we’re going to populate a new group. There's nothing more depressing than a high schooler with a bald spot. I think you have to be true to the fact that here is a group of people who come and go in these teachers' lives – they graduate and they're gone. When some of them finish their run at high school it will be very teary episodes. For me it will be particularly tough but a new crop (of actors) will come in. I was concerned about that (whether to have characters graduate and leave the show) because those kids caught on so quickly – but I think one of the things I'm very happy we’ve been able to do this years is we’ve brought in new characters. I think if you can keep regenerating – and I didn’t think we could – I didn’t know if people would want those characters (like Sam) but they do."Well, that makes total sense. Of course, the kids have to grow up sometime. However, I, for one, think that bringing in a new cast is not the best move for the longevity of the show. What would a new cast have to offer us that we didn't get from the original cast? What kind of story would we get? We will have already gone through the whole competition part of Glee with the original New Directions, so there's nothing exciting there.
High school drama and teenage issues? Same thing, we will have already seen that from the original crop. I feel like introducing a new group of people to be the main cast wold ultimately result in more of the same but with new faces. I don't think that it will hold the viewers interest for too long, especially given how much everyone is invested in and attached to the original cast.
Yes, the idea is creative but I honestly don't think I'll ever love a cast this much ever again. Really. Lea Michele is what pulled me in when I watched the pilot. She leaves, plus Cory, Jenna, Amber, Chris, Dianna, Mark and Kevin, I don't know what will happen. They could maybe kind of keep them involved with the Glee club, but that would be pushing it.
Maybe what's even more frustrating is the fact that original Glee members will be replaced and we're all stuck with Will Schuester. Haha. I personally don't believe Will, Sue and Emma are enough to sustain the same show that will hold the same fans and that idea makes me sad.
But seriously, why not give the show an awesome, cute ending? When did it become a bad thing for a show to end purposely, rather than drag on forever? See, Desperate Housewives. Haha.