Music: Elevator - David Archuleta

I didn't see this one coming. Apparently, Jive Records sent this track to radio a few days ago, calling it the first single from his upcoming sophomore album The Other Side Of Down. Interesting. So, we’ll just pretend Something ‘Bout Love didn’t happen? Haha.

Hmm. I'm kind of on the fence with this song. I think it's catchy and the acoustic version is so Jason Mraz-y. But, if I'm being honest, the first time I heard this track I said that this can't be seriously in his album because it reminded me so much of that hi ho hi ho song by the seven dwarfs. Haha. Although after a few subsequent listen, I kind of warmed up to it. It is very different from the usual Archuleta stuff, which is a good thing. Also, I think it's very cleverly written, both as a metaphor and just as a song - word choice, syntax rhythm, consistency in theme. That was my first impression - that it was very clean, very simple, and very well-written song. Fun, catchy and it felt like a little roller coaster of a song. Enjoy!

LISTEN: