
Potentially my inner Britney fanboy talking, I absolutely enjoyed this episode. Was it the best Glee episode ever? Maybe not, and I'll tell you why.
Just like the Madonna tribute from last season, this one felt a little gimmicky as the story was driven forward by the songs instead of the songs driving the story. Yes, the episode had epic - and I mean EPIC - moments this week, but some part of it fell short of how great it could have been. Simply put, the episode wasn't bad, but not as good as I was expecting.
Let's just say that I was thoroughly entertained for what it was.
THE GOOD:
- Brittany S. Pierce! Haha. She was, as always, ridiculously hilarious! Just from the opening scene alone, when she was talking about her real name, Brittany had me cracking up. I also loved how she kept saying that she wants to get all the solos now as she think she's better than everyone. Haha. But I have to hand it to her, she does have a great voice and she totally acquitted herself well in her first time singing. Oh, and her dancing was fan-freakin'-tastic! This just shows how grossly underused Heather Morris actually is. Unbelievable.
- "I thought I was the only one getting the solos from now on? Next week, I'm going to be performing a musical number by Ke$ha." Ha! Of course, this one deserves its own bullet. I'm pretty sure that this one had me genuinely laughing (out loud). Seriously.
- Kurt having a bitch-fit at Will was unexpectedly funny! Truth be told, Mr. Schue needed that kind of beating from Kurt. I mean, he was being a total a*s about the whole Britney thing. I don't know, but that scene was shocking. Ha!
- Rachel and Quinn finally had a scene together! Frankly, I was so happy to see them actually being civil with each other. A possible friendship in the future? Hopefully.
- Santana was on fire with her half a dozen great lines!
- The production of their musical performances this week were all top-notch. Arguably, better than most - if not all - of their numbers during The Power of Madonna episode.
- Britney Spears cameo!
THE BAD:
- Yes, I love me some Brittany (S. Pierce) but a lot of the focus towards her was mostly concentrated in the first half, which made the episode slightly unbalanced.
- The Emma-Will scenes were uncomfortable to watch, for some reason.
- I've always appreciated Glee's willingness to have its main characters - specifically Rachel - be realistically unsymphathetic, but I think they're pushing it a little too far these last two episodes. Come on! Rachel now comes across vaguely like a sociopath - "I want to be the only thing that makes you feel good about yourself". Seriously?
- I was missing the storyline established in last week's episode. You know, Glee club members hating Rachel because of the Sunshine incident? What happened to that? And where was Sam?
- Every contribution Jacob made to this episode was unnecessary, awkward, and annoying. I wanted to watch the freakin' performance of Toxic, but, alas, I couldn't because of the distasteful scene he and that obnoxious girl were making. Ugh!
- How come Kurt didn't get a solo in this episode? He was obviously the one who kept on pushing for a Britney theme right? That's a little odd.
- The awkwardness of Will performing with New Directions.
- Not enough Sue.
THE MUSIC:






Download music HERE.
Watch the preview for next week HERE.
Check out the promo pictures for next week HERE.




