75. AJ Tabaldo
Season 6, Top 20 FinalistFrankly, I thought AJ was robbed. Seriously.
He, to me, should've been in the Finals of Season 6 and it still baffles me as to how he wasn't, considering how weak the guys were that season.
Sure, he wasn't an amazing singer or anything, but I thought he gave two great performances during the semifinals and was still eliminated early. Come on! I mean, Never Too Much was clearly a highlight on a rather mediocre night and his rendition of Feeling Good was very good. He made it his own and it was arguably one of the best of Top 20 night.
I don't know. AJ's lack of screen time prior to the semifinals was what did him in. Obviously, he only had those two performances to build up a fanbase and it just wasn't enough at that time.
Now, I know Season 6 had to have Sanjaya, but AJ should've at least stayed over someone like Jared Cotter or even Brandon Rogers. He easily should've been in the Top 12. I personally think AJ could've grown throughout the competition, and he had tremendous potential.
Such a shame to have seen him leave so early. I really thought he could've done well in the top 12 considering how weak most of the other guys were.
Favorite Performance(s): Feeling Good was probably a better performance than Never Too Much, but nonetheless I think he did pretty well on both songs.
Feeling Good
#74 - Trying to get a reality TV show with Tatiana Del Toro and Normund Gentle


